Cub Cadet PTO will not disengage

/ Cub Cadet PTO will not disengage #1  

tfourman

Hello,

I just installed my CC 451 snow thrower, on my CC 1641. As soon as I started the engine, I discovered that the electric PTO clutch will not disengage. While working the PTO switch, and getting off the seat, I discovered that the seat safety switch was not working. I'm thinking these two problems may be related.

Please give me suggestions on what might be wrong; and how to troubleshoot this. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
4-Man

/ Cub Cadet PTO will not disengage #3  
Disconnect the wires going to the electric clutch. Then start the mower and see if the clutch is still engaged. If it is still engaged, the that means that a bearing in the clutch has seized, and will need to replace the clutch. If the clutch is now disengaged, the start looking for shorts in the wiring causing power to get the the clutch.

/ Cub Cadet PTO will not disengage
Disconnected the plug; and the clutch was still engaged. Looks like I need a whole new electric clutch.
Thanks for your help!

4-Man

/ Cub Cadet PTO will not disengage #5  
find a good mech and have the bearing replaced. done it several times. save yourself alot of money!

/ Cub Cadet PTO will not disengage #6  
That works some times and not others. Just had one on a JD about a month ago that had a 6005 bearings in it that locked up. A standard 6005 bearing is .003 undersize and would not fit. the OEM mills the standard bearing to there specs, so a standard bearing may not be usable.