Oil Filters and Oil

/ Oil Filters and Oil #1  

timkins

Tractor
Cub Cadet Model 2542
I have a Cub model 2542 and I am in the process of changing the oil. I went to the local Cub dealer and was charged nearly 30 dollars for 2 qts of oil and a Kohler oil filter. Does anyone have a cross reference part for the Kohler oil filter part number KH-12-050-01-S. This was for cash and carry with me doing the oil change. Seems a little pricey to me.

/ Oil Filters and Oil #2  
I usually order my oil and filters from "repairclinic.com". Currently the 10w30 Kohler Command Oil is $4.95 per quart and the Kohler Filter is $10.00. I usually order 4 quarts and 2 filters (enough for two changes) and ships to my door in SC for $8.95. Cheaper than the fuel cost for me to go and pick it up and pay the high prices they charge around here for the oil and oil filter.

You can go on the internet and do a lookup for WIX or NAPA Cross Reference on their filters. I think WIX makes NAPA Gold (same filter as WIX). I am an OEM guy and ordering the way I do, there isn't much difference in OEM and aftermarket.
Good Luck
Leo

/ Oil Filters and Oil
Thanks to all who replied (2 private messages) and one regular. I now have the information I wanted. By the way I did try Google and Bing and I must have spelled them wrong as I go some strange replies to my session. Again thank you

/ Oil Filters and Oil #4  
I have a Cub model 2542 and I am in the process of changing the oil. I went to the local Cub dealer and was charged nearly 30 dollars for 2 qts of oil and a Kohler oil filter. Does anyone have a cross reference part for the Kohler oil filter part number KH-12-050-01-S. This was for cash and carry with me doing the oil change. Seems a little pricey to me.

I've been using Fram PH3614 filters from Walmart for years. We have 2 cars that use the same filter so that makes it convenient. I use any 10W-30 motor oil that's on sale.

Bob B.

/ Oil Filters and Oil #5  
I use the biggest oil filter that will fit on the nipple and under the hood. I think the current one is a Bosch. As for oil, Rotella T6 5W-40 does a good job of dealing with the heat these engines produce.

/ Oil Filters and Oil #6  
wasn't there some caution from kohler about running dino for the first 100 hrs before switchin to syn... or did that get dropped these past few yrs?

/ Oil Filters and Oil #7  
Napa Gold Filter 1348, a little larger than OEM. Same check valve and pressure releif as OEM but cheaper. Can also use NAPA 21348 or 31348, cheaper version--same valve settings but less filter media.