19A40022 blade upgrade complete

/ 19A40022 blade upgrade complete
jjsheehe said:
I like the weights! How much is that about a hundred pounds? In my opinion airing down the tires won't do much for tractoin with the chains on due to the carcass of the tire is so stiff it won't alow contact between the chain rungs... I think your better off keeping the pressure high to keep the chains tight and preventing them from slipping on the tire. that's my theory anyway. Weatherman here is calling for snow squals and flurries this weekend apparently so I've got my fingers crossed!

The weights are about 100lbs each, there are 2, I also have the tires filled with RV antifreeze (60lbs/tire) so hopefully with that and my 210lb @$$ on there I will be good to go. One of the negative things about the new Cub garden tractors is the absence of a differential lock option, well see how it goes but my old 210 didn't have it & did fine. The weatherman is now saying Wednesday evening-night we will get 6" + with high winds for 2 or 3 days so sounds like I'll be able to give my setup a good workout!

/ 19A40022 blade upgrade complete #12  
Nice. I have two 50 pound weights per tire. I wish I had a diff lock on mine two, or at least independent wheel brakes like on my 9n. My weather man calling for 6 to 12 this weekend so I'm pretty excited. Keep me posted and post some action shots of the plow!

/ 19A40022 blade upgrade complete
jjsheehe said:
Nice. I have two 50 pound weights per tire. I wish I had a diff lock on mine two, or at least independent wheel brakes like on my 9n. My weather man calling for 6 to 12 this weekend so I'm pretty excited. Keep me posted and post some action shots of the plow!

We got 9" of heavy wet snow last night, I spent about 5 hours on the Cub today moving snow off of 3 driveways, our circle and part of the street. With all the weight I have on it I was able to stack snow in 6' high piles by riding up the bank! Sure is easier going backward and forward with the hydro tranny! I had my sweet wife take a video but I had to settle with her taking it inside the house so the shots are not as close as I would have liked. That blade height extension and rolled rubber mat REALLY rolled that snow, without the extension I would have had a lot of snow over the top of the blade, would have been a bad deal. I'm sending the snow your way now!
I will add a couple photos and attempt to add the video, hope it works but let me know if it doesn't.
John

Attachments

• image-3639869981.jpg
    image-3639869981.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 124
  • image-3723492269.jpg
    image-3723492269.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 112
   / 19A40022 blade upgrade complete #14  
Looks like you having a blast out there! Lucky! Well the snow is starting this afternoon I hope and going through Saturday afternoon. So hopefully I can get pics up to of my beast. Ill tell ya though I sometimes wish I had a hydro... shifting can get old quick when moving snow!