Tractor
    06 cub cadet zero turn

Default Parking brake

I start my mower and when i disengage the parking break the motor dies. What to check for i am at a loss i have checked every thing no mater what i do it will die when i disengage it.
    Thanks for the help Coachred

Tractor
    dk45se hst cab

Default Re: Parking brake

it usually related to the switch under the seat and or clutch petal switch. these are safety kill switches. I have fould issues with seat switches the usual culprits.
    currently own
    2011 Kioti DK45SE HST CAB tractor/loader, Jimna 6" - 3 point wood chipper, 60" JD Brush Hog, JD 60" Rototiller, 3 point post hole digger with hydraulic assist, 3 point spring tooth rake, Fimco 55 gallon weed sprayer with 12 foot boom, 3 point hydraulic wood splitter (home built)
    Quick Attach 79" loader mount snowblower & rear powerpack
    Quick Attach 84" Snow Blade
    Quick Attach 42" pallet forks

Tractor
    CC Z Force 48

coachred,

I'm not sure whether you are a zero turn newbie or not, but if you aren't sitting on the seat (which you most likely are), and don't have the control arms in the most outward parked position when you disengage the parking brake, the engine will cut out. Its supposed to work this way.

If you are doing as I described above, logic would say that either one of the control arm switches (one each side) or the switch on the parking brake is defective or grounded. I would pull your side covers to those and check to see if you have a broken/missing wire, corroded/broken switch (Check for continuity as you cycle the switches. They should have an open or closed condition, that changes as you cycle each switch. If you find one that doesn't change, its the culprit.)

Beyond that, you'll need someone with more electrical knowledge and specifics than I possess. Good Luck!

Tractor
    06 cub cadet zero turn

ok i have tried the right switch and the left switch with engine running when i move them in the engine dies stand up sit down does not matter same thing happens so its not the seat are the control arms how about the relays i just have to figure out which one it would be. I can't find a wireing diagram any were to help me out any suggestions. I think i will try swaping them out to see which one is bad. unless some one has a better idea are a diagram.
    thanks coachred

Platinum Member

ditto bad seat switch