Parking brake

/ Parking brake #1  

coachred

Tractor
06 cub cadet zero turn
I start my mower and when i disengage the parking break the motor dies. What to check for i am at a loss i have checked every thing no mater what i do it will die when i disengage it.
Thanks for the help Coachred

/ Parking brake #2  
it usually related to the switch under the seat and or clutch petal switch. these are safety kill switches. I have fould issues with seat switches the usual culprits.

/ Parking brake #3  
coachred,

I'm not sure whether you are a zero turn newbie or not, but if you aren't sitting on the seat (which you most likely are), and don't have the control arms in the most outward parked position when you disengage the parking brake, the engine will cut out. Its supposed to work this way.

If you are doing as I described above, logic would say that either one of the control arm switches (one each side) or the switch on the parking brake is defective or grounded. I would pull your side covers to those and check to see if you have a broken/missing wire, corroded/broken switch (Check for continuity as you cycle the switches. They should have an open or closed condition, that changes as you cycle each switch. If you find one that doesn't change, its the culprit.)

Beyond that, you'll need someone with more electrical knowledge and specifics than I possess. Good Luck!

/ Parking brake
ok i have tried the right switch and the left switch with engine running when i move them in the engine dies stand up sit down does not matter same thing happens so its not the seat are the control arms how about the relays i just have to figure out which one it would be. I can't find a wireing diagram any were to help me out any suggestions. I think i will try swaping them out to see which one is bad. unless some one has a better idea are a diagram.
thanks coachred

/ Parking brake #5  
ditto bad seat switch