Drive shaft

/ Drive shaft #1  

The Cub

Tractor
Cub cadet 1250
Can someone tell me how long is the 5/8 drive shaft on a cub 1250 and how far in are the holes for the spring pins . My shaft has been cut and no longer reaches the bushing on the hydro pump coupler so I have to make a new one .

/ Drive shaft #2  
partstree.com shows that part as IH-140079-C1 at around $63, but no dimensional details. Might check ebay, craigslist or a local boneyard for an used one...

/ Drive shaft
Thanks for the info seems like your the go to guy around here . I think I'm going to order a pice of 5/8 grind stock and make my own drive shaft should cost me 10 bucks . At the same time I'm going to machine the coupler on the hydro pump end and reinstall a bushing for the drive shaft to go into .

/ Drive shaft #4  
you done it yet? I have a 1250 in teardown mode and can measure the holes.

/ Drive shaft
No not yet I'm waiting on my machinist buddy , but if you could give me the length of the drive shaft it would be greatly appreciated

/ Drive shaft #6  
here ya go...I have:

1) You seem to already know it is 5/8ths round stock (that's what I got too)
2) 18 5/8" long
3) 1/4" diam holes 1 1/4" on center from each end and on the same plane
4) slight dimple on the rear end of the rod (maybe just wear from the ball bearing that sits in the rear yoke but I'm guessing it was on purpose since the ball is supposedly there to aid alignment).

curious as to where yours broke...seems to me that the 2 rubber "tire" discs should have failed before the shaft (in addition to serving like U joints, they are supposed to be like shear pins on an outboard motor). did it break at one of the holes due to rust?

/ Drive shaft
The shaft itself didn't break it was the rubber disc that let go . When it broke it took out the oil filter, hydro fan and the break linkage that puts the tranny in neutral . The rubber disc broke because the drive shaft had been cut years ago and was no longer holding in the coupler on the transmission .