Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    1942 Ford 9n

Default cub 108 snow plow

Man was I impressed by how much my little cub would push! I have chains and 50 pound weights on each wheel. I was pushing through snow about 12 to 15 inches! Man that was great! Now the banks on each side of the driveway are 2 to 3 feet tall I'm running out of space. Time to buy a blower I guess!

Tractor
    Kubota L2800HST w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046

Default Re: cub 108 snow plow

Years back I had Cub 124 w/plow I to was "impressed",just double work keeping the banks push back tho..if got stuck or can always slide rear end etc. indeed the older Cubs were tough unit.

Tractor
    1942 Ford 9n

Some day ill get a snow plow for my 9n... that would keep the snow back a lot better than my little cub!

Silver Member Little Red Tractor's Avatar
    Tractor
    Cub Cadet 6284

I had a 1953 Cub (in my avatar) that plowed pretty well. I had loaded ag tires, with chains and weights. Pushed about anything. I had the same problem with a shrinking driveway after a year of frequent heavy snowfalls and went to a blower. I didn't regret it; but I miss the old cub--love that tractor design. It was ingenious.

Tractor
    1942 Ford 9n

Oh yeah I love the old equipment! What year is that? Ya don't see many cubs like that around here. I have a dirt driveway so ill always have to start with a plow until the ground freezes or packs down enough. My other tractor that had a blower just shot rocks out the front. Man I need to get that thing fixed...

Tractor
    Cub Cadet GT2100

Quote Originally Posted by jjsheehe View Post
    Man was I impressed by how much my little cub would push! I have chains and 50 pound weights on each wheel. I was pushing through snow about 12 to 15 inches! Man that was great! Now the banks on each side of the driveway are 2 to 3 feet tall I'm running out of space. Time to buy a blower I guess!
    Sounds like you got way more snow than we did! Did you by chance get any pictures of you in action or show the aftermath of your Cub assault on the snow!?

Tractor
    1942 Ford 9n

I've been trying, but by the time I get around to it I lose all my day light and the picture wouldn't turn out. I did make a video of plowing the other day and just put it on youtube.. search under cub cadet 108 snow plow. Its from username jjsheehe. its pushing a foot in those videos

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Allmand TLB 425

Quote Originally Posted by jjsheehe View Post
    I've been trying, but by the time I get around to it I lose all my day light and the picture wouldn't turn out. I did make a video of plowing the other day and just put it on youtube.. search under cub cadet 108 snow plow. Its from username jjsheehe. its pushing a foot in those videos

Nice rolling action on that plow, the blade is well designed for the speed it is pushing.

Ray

Tractor
    Kubota L2800HST w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046

Ahhhhh memories.

Tractor
    Cub Cadet 582

I push the snow about 5 or 6 feet into the yard so the next snow has somewere to be pushed. I have 95lbs in each rear wheel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast