cub 109 cranks getting fuel no spark changed coil condenser cleaned points no spark

/ cub 109 cranks getting fuel no spark changed coil condenser cleaned points no spark #1  

shamilton5151

Tractor
cub cadet 109
hey out there in cub land i picked up a 109 that had been sitting for years and with fresh gas and a battery it fired up been using it to plow snow for last few months. i decided on a day it got over 40 th power wash the dirty old girl and after that nothing, changed out coil condenser and cleaned the points am getting no spark. no power to the points, the points were dirty/ corroded and i am getting power to the coil just nothing at the points. do you think i got the mag wet and its rusty or is there any thing else i should check before tearing into that? thanks my next move will be checking the mag. looking for other suggestions. thanks all
Scott

/ cub 109 cranks getting fuel no spark changed coil condenser cleaned points no spark #2  
:welcome: to the fourm

Do you have a test coil you could try on it?

Here is a link to a service manual for your tractor.

/ cub 109 cranks getting fuel no spark changed coil condenser cleaned points no spark #3  
OP - sorry to say you learned that lesson the hard way. Power washers in particular and l/g tractors just don't mix well, as the tractors - even the new ones - are not designed/built with elect systems that will withstand heavy moisture and resultant corrosion... bummer.

/ cub 109 cranks getting fuel no spark changed coil condenser cleaned points no spark #4  
hey out there in cub land i picked up a 109 that had been sitting for years and with fresh gas and a battery it fired up been using it to plow snow for last few months. i decided on a day it got over 40 th power wash the dirty old girl and after that nothing, changed out coil condenser and cleaned the points am getting no spark. no power to the points, the points were dirty/ corroded and i am getting power to the coil just nothing at the points. do you think i got the mag wet and its rusty or is there any thing else i should check before tearing into that? thanks my next move will be checking the mag. looking for other suggestions. thanks all
Scott

I can't speak to the 109 but on the 1250 the points are actually a grounding point, not a "hot" point. Try a VOM on the coil terminals and rotate the engine by hand with the switch in the "run" position. You should see 12v when the points are closed and it should drop to zero when they are open.