I have 1864 cub cadet with CH18 kohler, I think flywheel end oil seal is leaking

/ I have 1864 cub cadet with CH18 kohler, I think flywheel end oil seal is leaking #1  

etap

Tractor
iz4818 zero turn husqvarn & 1864 cub cadet
My cub cadet only has 640 hrs, and I am finding oil under the engine. If that seal is bad,can I remove drive shaft and metal and change it, without pulling the engine. Would it be better just take the engine out,to change the seal. I have found alittle oil at valve covers,and replacing gaskets today. I alway change oil every spring, and fall cutting 3/4 of acre. Would useing synthetic oil cause this. Another guy told me to put a balloon on the dipstick tube,to see if it has pressure in the crankcase,it should be in a vacuum.THX

/ I have 1864 cub cadet with CH18 kohler, I think flywheel end oil seal is leaking #2  
I don't think you will have room to remove the blower housing and flywheel to get to the seal without removing the engine. This assumes that you are talking about the flywheel/ magneto seal, as opposed to the pto seal. Something that I come across very often is most newer engines have that 1/4 turn and pull oil drain, that are really common to have leak problems.

/ I have 1864 cub cadet with CH18 kohler, I think flywheel end oil seal is leaking
I just wanted to thank you all. I think that my oil leak was valve covers, and oil from hydro. lines on the power steering behind the engine. I think I was very lucky, not having to pull the engine. Thanks again!