Cub model 2542

/ Cub model 2542 #1  

timkins

Tractor
Cub Cadet Model 2542
After trying to use a walk behind snow blower this year and finding that they lack the power needed to throw the snow, I have been trying to locate a snow blower attachment for my 2542 to no avail. Just what model do I need and is there something compatible NOT in the Cub line? When I go on the Cub website I cannot find the model needed for the 2542 only for smaller or larger units. What am I doing wrong?

/ Cub model 2542 #2  
After trying to use a walk behind snow blower this year and finding that they lack the power needed to throw the snow, I have been trying to locate a snow blower attachment for my 2542 to no avail. Just what model do I need and is there something compatible NOT in the Cub line? When I go on the Cub website I cannot find the model needed for the 2542 only for smaller or larger units. What am I doing wrong?

Hello Timkins:
I am pretty sure you need model #190-341 snowblower.
Berco also makes units that will fit. Think spring!

/ Cub model 2542 #3  
I see the 341 blower on craigslist and ebay from time to time.

/ Cub model 2542 #4  
I purchased a Cub Brand blower for my GT2550. I couldn't be any more happy with performance. Thought of a Berco, but having to wait for parts if anything brakes made me buy the Cub unit. Running at 2/3---3/4 throttle pushes the snow 30-40 feet. Picked this up for $500.00 and only two years old, one third the cost of new.