Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Elite Member
    Tractor
    My tractor is an old MF

Quote Originally Posted by jim44 View Post
    Just working on changing the oil in my LT 1050. Has anyone come up with a way to replace that factory oil drain system with something that can be used to drain the oil without all the gymnastics and headstands, etc.?? That is without a doubt the most ridiculous thing I've come across in years, not to mention that it apparently can not be totally closed, and leaks a fair amount of oil all over the engine and frame. I hope there's a way to replace that junk -- maybe with a pipe nipple and cap??
    The drain plug is 3/8 N.P.T. Inch My drain plug on my CV25S Kohler has a extended drain plug. It resembles a flexible line with both male and female fittings. The drain plug Extends to the outer part of the engine mounting deck. This is on a Commercial MMZ 2554 MTP PRO. This also the same as the MMZ 2554 and 2560 cub cadet tank. I don't know if the Tank used a flexible line but it is the case on a MTRP PRO.

The illustrated parts list shows the piping to be part # 01003283 HOSE, KOHLER OIL DRAIN.

It appears in the illustration as an assembled hose with a screw in plug. One would remove their existing drain plug and screw this one in. I have a CV25S that's on a Mtd Pro ZT. Maybe you can call MTD and get the drain hose. God luck. -kid

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota MX 5100 Cub Cadet LT1050

Default Re: Oil change idiocy

Thanks, Kid. I'll just assume that it's the 3/8 npt and see if it will work next oil change. If I can get it extended out past the frame I'll be satisfied. I have seen the arrangement you're talking about on new Sears machines. Looks like it will be pretty easy to rig up and pretty easy to use.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    My tractor is an old MF

Quote Originally Posted by jim44 View Post
    Thanks, Kid. I'll just assume that it's the 3/8 npt and see if it will work next oil change. If I can get it extended out past the frame I'll be satisfied. I have seen the arrangement you're talking about on new Sears machines. Looks like it will be pretty easy to rig up and pretty easy to use.:thumbsup:
    Jim, I'd estimate the hose being about thirteen to fourteen inches long. You could use a 1/2" conduit strap bolted to the engine deck to secure it. I pull it towards the back to drain it off the side. It drains slowly so go have a couple cups of coffee while it's draining. Here's some pictures of mine. When changing mine I found a leak from the side mounted oil cooler. They used those spring clamps. I'm going to change them out to the screwdriver type. -kid

Attachment 322818 Attachment 322819 Attachment 322821

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    all

if you want a drain hose that threads into the block with a cap on the end, order one for a rzt 50,54 series they have a great drain hose feature,be sure to get one for the kohler engine and not the kawi,just incase of thread differences....glad

Elite Member
    Tractor
    My tractor is an old MF

Quote Originally Posted by gladiater View Post
    if you want a drain hose that threads into the block with a cap on the end, order one for a rzt 50,54 series they have a great drain hose feature,be sure to get one for the kohler engine and not the kawi,just incase of thread differences....glad
    Are you stating. My information is wrong?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12