Oil change idiocy

/ Oil change idiocy #11  
Just working on changing the oil in my LT 1050. Has anyone come up with a way to replace that factory oil drain system with something that can be used to drain the oil without all the gymnastics and headstands, etc.?? That is without a doubt the most ridiculous thing I've come across in years, not to mention that it apparently can not be totally closed, and leaks a fair amount of oil all over the engine and frame. I hope there's a way to replace that junk -- maybe with a pipe nipple and cap??:confused3:

The drain plug is 3/8 N.P.T. Inch My drain plug on my CV25S Kohler has a extended drain plug. It resembles a flexible line with both male and female fittings. The drain plug Extends to the outer part of the engine mounting deck. This is on a Commercial MMZ 2554 MTP PRO. This also the same as the MMZ 2554 and 2560 cub cadet tank. I don't know if the Tank used a flexible line but it is the case on a MTRP PRO.

The illustrated parts list shows the piping to be part # 01003283 HOSE, KOHLER OIL DRAIN.

It appears in the illustration as an assembled hose with a screw in plug. One would remove their existing drain plug and screw this one in. I have a CV25S that's on a Mtd Pro ZT. Maybe you can call MTD and get the drain hose. God luck. -kid

/ Oil change idiocy
Thanks, Kid. I'll just assume that it's the 3/8 npt and see if it will work next oil change. If I can get it extended out past the frame I'll be satisfied. I have seen the arrangement you're talking about on new Sears machines. Looks like it will be pretty easy to rig up and pretty easy to use.:thumbsup:

/ Oil change idiocy #13  
Thanks, Kid. I'll just assume that it's the 3/8 npt and see if it will work next oil change. If I can get it extended out past the frame I'll be satisfied. I have seen the arrangement you're talking about on new Sears machines. Looks like it will be pretty easy to rig up and pretty easy to use.:thumbsup:
Jim, I'd estimate the hose being about thirteen to fourteen inches long. You could use a 1/2" conduit strap bolted to the engine deck to secure it. I pull it towards the back to drain it off the side. It drains slowly so go have a couple cups of coffee while it's draining. Here's some pictures of mine. When changing mine I found a leak from the side mounted oil cooler. They used those spring clamps. I'm going to change them out to the screwdriver type. -kid

View attachment 322818 View attachment 322819 View attachment 322821

/ Oil change idiocy #14  
if you want a drain hose that threads into the block with a cap on the end, order one for a rzt 50,54 series they have a great drain hose feature,be sure to get one for the kohler engine and not the kawi,just incase of thread differences....glad

/ Oil change idiocy #15  
if you want a drain hose that threads into the block with a cap on the end, order one for a rzt 50,54 series they have a great drain hose feature,be sure to get one for the kohler engine and not the kawi,just incase of thread differences....glad

Are you stating. My information is wrong? :confused: