SLT 1554 gas cylinder spring decent price?

/ SLT 1554 gas cylinder spring decent price? #1  

hangfirew8

Hi,

My Cub Cadet has wimped-out gas cylinders, you know the shock absorber looking things that hold up the hood. Or, are supposed to hold up the hood!

The part number and description is "727-3194 Cylinder, Gas Spring ". Various online parts dealers want anywhere from $51 to $71 for one... I need two... I'm not going to pay that kind of money.

Does anyone know of a place I can get it at a decent cost? Or does it stay broken? lol

Thanks!

HF

/ SLT 1554 gas cylinder spring decent price? #2  
Auto Zone, O'Rileys, Advance all sell Hood Struts. Take the one on the mower now and visit them and see if they have something that matches up.

/ SLT 1554 gas cylinder spring decent price? #3  
Auto Zone, O'Rileys, Advance all sell Hood Struts. Take the one on the mower now and visit them and see if they have something that matches up.

Did you find this part? When I tried to match this at advance auto parts store they said it would be too strong for a tractor hood. I'm not paying $120.00 so my hood will stay up.

/ SLT 1554 gas cylinder spring decent price? #4  
Hi,

My Cub Cadet has wimped-out gas cylinders, you know the shock absorber looking things that hold up the hood. Or, are supposed to hold up the hood!

The part number and description is "727-3194 Cylinder, Gas Spring ". Various online parts dealers want anywhere from $51 to $71 for one... I need two... I'm not going to pay that kind of money.

Does anyone know of a place I can get it at a decent cost? Or does it stay broken? lol

Thanks!

HF

My PSA the following from Amazon works fine, I just installed an am very impressed:

Amazon.com: Sachs SG4231 Lift Support: Automotive

Sachs SG423001 Lift Support cost $19.00 each