Cub Cadet LT1042 PTO issue?

/ Cub Cadet LT1042 PTO issue? #1  

SUPERNUG

Bronze Member
Tractor
BX22
When I finished mowing today there was a lot of vibration when I shut off the PTO. Looks like the belt is in rough shape and needs to be replaced so I ordered one. However it appears the PTO clutch pulled the wires and severed them at the plug. What would cause this? Is a new PTO needed?

/ Cub Cadet LT1042 PTO issue? #2  
If you are REAL lucky (and a bit of a shadetree electrician) you may be able to reconnect those wires and insulate same well enuff to make do.
If you look under your tractor , there is a static plate - (part of the clutch assy) that bolts up to the frame and holds one part of the clutch assy static (the part carrying the wire harness). That part apparently came loose and caused your wiring problem.
That assy will have to be re-attached to the tractor. You will have to have the hardware to do it. The other thing to chk while under there is that the PTO pulley that normally drives the mower blades turns freely on it's own bearing with all power off. If it drags or turns hard, then the PTO assy must be repaired or replaced ($$$$Ouch!) Good Luck.

/ Cub Cadet LT1042 PTO issue? #3  
a good solder job will fix wire prob's ,more than likely if you changed the belt and removed the belt guard that go's around the clutch might not be holding the clutch in place or you missed realigning it(part of the guard must be in the slot in the clutch to keep it from spinning)

/ Cub Cadet LT1042 PTO issue?
Thanks for the replys rcbe and gladiater. You were right the belt guard was not in the slot on the clutch so the clutch portion holding the wiring harness turned freely. I was able to repair the wires and with the new belt it works great.