Wont Start

/ Wont Start #1  

john6699

Tractor
Cub Cudet
I own a Cub Cudet Time Saver I-1050 I washed it with water a few months ago and every since then it wont start.... I drained the gas and put new gas in put gas cleaner also... It turns over but never starts..

If I put gas in the carburetor it will run for a few seconds

Please Please any suggestions

/ Wont Start
UPDATE just bought a new fuel filter and I don't see gas go through it when I turn it over so I believe this maybe some type of fuelpump or soloniod problem.......I just don't know how to test and troubleshoot

/ Wont Start #3  
remove air cleaner. disconnect fuel line at carb. have a container ready to catch raw fuel. pull off spark plug wires at plugs. have assistant crank engine - should have a good stream fuel being pumped out of fuel line.
if so, carb needs to be removed, torn down, cleaned. this entails soaking components overnite in carb cleaner, probing ALL orifices with smaill dia stiff brass wire and magnifying glass; blowing out dry with compressed air; rebuilding with new rebuild kit and all new gaskets.
if not, fuel pump/fuel line/fuel filter need check repair/replace. If kohler engine ONLY use OEM filter.
lastly, re-read owners manual paying particular attention to section where washing with water is NOT reccomended. use air instead.

/ Wont Start
I disconnected the fuel line and no fuel is coming through.. So My guess the soloniod is bad how to find if that is the issue and where is it

/ Wont Start #5  
follow that line you took off at the the carb back. it's either going to the inline fuel filter or the fuel pump. test and fix whichever it is and keep moving backwards until you start getting fuel flow back down where the line goes into the carb. work all the way to the fuel tank if necessary.
there is NO solenoid involved in where you will be working.

/ Wont Start
OK got you... There is no fuel coming after the fuel filter or after what I think maybe a fuel pump but don't know what it is

/ Wont Start #7  
well, now it's time to get some info.... and to have a camera prepped and ready to take BUNCHES of BEFORE/AFTER pictures - so yuo know what went where when you go to put it back together again.... most important.
On your engine, there should be a ID decal/plate or a series of numbers stamped in the cowling sheet metal. Get/record them all and go to the appropriate engine website>download a parts list>download a service manual (Kohler=free;Briggs=$$). Study same to locate/identify/understand fuel pump. order and replace fuel pump. While into all this, order and replace CORRECT OEM fuel filter (never use aftermarket types and watch that flow direction arrow is correct at install).

Last edited:
   / Wont Start
Well i put a hose after the fuel pump and fuel comes out...........So my tractor wont start unless I poor gas down the carburetor..

Any suggestions

/ Wont Start #9  
cub cadet 2155 running good went to start spudded started engine shaked quit. won't start no spark