Lt 1042 RePower

/ Lt 1042 RePower #1  

tourglide

Tractor
cub cadet lt 1042
My 2005 lt 1042 with the 19 hp. kohler discourage finally gave up last week with 274hrs on the meter. from what I know about this engine I am one of the lucky ones. Probably should have looked at replacing tractor, but as I also have 42 inch snowblower for it. it seemed a good candidate for a repower. I found a Kohler cv22s command on craigslist from a yardman garden tractor for $180.00 got to hear it run before it was pulled from donor, did not smoke sounded great! bolted it in to my cub some new generic throttle and choke cables as old ones were to short and some fabricated exhaust pieces and a new drive belt, and my tractor has a serious upgrade for around $250.00 I cant wait for winter!!!

/ Lt 1042 RePower #2  
so what exactly did you have to do with wiring? I want to put a kohler 23 vtwin on mine

/ Lt 1042 RePower #3  
so what exactly did you have to do with wiring? I want to put a kohler 23 vtwin on mine

change the main wire harness to that of one from a lt 1050, change both control cables, both the choke and throttle are longer, change the pto ' about $400.00 there alone, change the muffler and down pipes. no parts from a single fit a twin