Z FORCE - HYDRO HUB BREAKAGE

/ Z FORCE - HYDRO HUB BREAKAGE #1  

CELLARDWELLER

I'm wondering if someone can help me. I broke an ear off the rear wheel hub. The remaining three bolts egged out the rim, so that needs a replacement. I'm having some difficultly with getting the hub. The dealer say they can't get it through Cub, and it's part of the drive. I believe the drive is manufactured by Hydro Gear. I can't find a number on the drive to give to the dealer. I've looked all over it. My gut feeling is that there is none... They supplied a drive and Cub bolted it on. Anyone know how to get that hub assembly. It's a splined axle shaft.. The grass is growin fast this time of year and the push mower is givin me an idea of how young I'm not... ;)

/ Z FORCE - HYDRO HUB BREAKAGE
Also can I just get a replacement rim or do I have to get the rim and tire? like the dealer told me.. ;(

/ Z FORCE - HYDRO HUB BREAKAGE #3  
would think there is an HydroGear ID plate somewhere on that tranny's case - find it and it's info - call hydrogear, see what they can do for you. As for rim, would think CC sells separate from tire - would need CC p/n from IPL then check price/avail from CC or other parts sources... if you don't have general parts list for your machine, find your machine's ID plate, get FULL model # and s/n - do a google search for "MTD manual archives" - enter needed data - d/l free IPL...

/ Z FORCE - HYDRO HUB BREAKAGE #4  
Should be hydro gear part #70314 but would need the info from the model sticker on the transmission to know for sure.
Hydro-Gear 70314 KIT, HUB 1/2-20 ($43.29)

Example

ModelSticker.JPG

I'm struggling with finding the sticker on this trans... I have looked all around it except the top which is under the frame... The only way to get at that would be to remove the assembly. Anyone know where the tag is on the Hydro Gear Drive? I'm not blind..I cleaned the surface....jacked it up...fa good light.. I believe its the 2800 series because the parts breakdown looks correct. Any help is appreciated...

/ Z FORCE - HYDRO HUB BREAKAGE #6  
I just went and looked at my Z Force 50 and couldn't see the sticker that I know is on them somewhere. I just had the left side transmission off the machine last month(seal replacement) and know that the sticker is there so it must be hidden when installed.

Removing a transmission is a pretty easy job.
Remove the mowing deck.
Pull the belt tensioner back and take the belt off the pulley of the transmission to be removed.
Jack the machine up and block.
Remove wheel.
Remove 2 bolts from round cross brace that runs between the transmissions.
Remove 6 bolts that attach the transmission to the machine and lower transmission down.
Depending on which venting system you have you may have to disconnect the vent hose to remove the transmission.

What is the complete model number(located on sticker under seat) of your Z Force?

I just went and looked at my Z Force 50 and couldn't see the sticker that I know is on them somewhere. I just had the left side transmission off the machine last month(seal replacement) and know that the sticker is there so it must be hidden when installed.

Removing a transmission is a pretty easy job.
Remove the mowing deck.
Pull the belt tensioner back and take the belt off the pulley of the transmission to be removed.
Jack the machine up and block.
Remove wheel.
Remove 2 bolts from round cross brace that runs between the transmissions.
Remove 6 bolts that attach the transmission to the machine and lower transmission down.
Depending on which venting system you have you may have to disconnect the vent hose to remove the transmission.

What is the complete model number(located on sticker under seat) of your Z Force?

53AA5B6L710 - 44" WITH A KOHLER

/ Z FORCE - HYDRO HUB BREAKAGE #8  
The part number 70314 that I posted is correct but has been superseded by part #72073. The new number is a kit that has 2 new hubs with the studs installed. The old part number is still available some places, There's one on Ebay for $29.99 shipped.
72073 MTD Hub | eBay

/ Z FORCE - HYDRO HUB BREAKAGE #9  
Also here's where you can download the parts manual for your model number.
http://www.mtdproducts.com/equipment/DisplayOwnersManualList?storeId=10500&catalogId=20500&langId=-1&logoCode=&modelNumber=53AA5B6L710&serialNumber=

From the parts manual you'll see that the transmission part number is 01008192. Then you plug that number into a parts look up site like this one.
Parts Lookup

There you'll get the parts diagram for the transmission which shows the hub as detail 107. The parts list says 107 is part number 72073.

/ Z FORCE - HYDRO HUB BREAKAGE #10  
Also here's where you can download the parts manual for your model number.
http://www.mtdproducts.com/equipment/DisplayOwnersManualList?storeId=10500&catalogId=20500&langId=-1&logoCode=&modelNumber=53AA5B6L710&serialNumber=

From the parts manual you'll see that the transmission part number is 01008192. Then you plug that number into a parts look up site like this one.
Parts Lookup

There you'll get the parts diagram for the transmission which shows the hub as detail 107. The parts list says 107 is part number 72073.

As usual, a very good job on providing information to member.