GT 1222 starting problem

/ GT 1222 starting problem #1  

Frankwee

Tractor
Cub Cadet GT1222
I am having trouble starting my tractor. Sometimes it turns over, sometimes it does nothing. I have 12 volts at the battery so I figure battery is good. I replaced solenoid and still does it. I am thinking it is the Safety Interlock Switch but cannot find a part number for it. Also, is it difficult to replace?

/ GT 1222 starting problem #2  
Could be at the brake pedal, at the PTO switch, the starter switch or the wiring to the solenoid. If it works sometimes, it's likely in the wiring or switches. If you replace the factory switches, plan on doing them often.

jack vines

/ GT 1222 starting problem #3  
Could be at the brake pedal, at the PTO switch, the starter switch or the wiring to the solenoid. If it works sometimes, it's likely in the wiring or switches. If you replace the factory switches, plan on doing them often.

jack vines

/ GT 1222 starting problem
From the best I can tell it is the switch at the brake pedal. Having a hard time finding the part number for it.

/ GT 1222 starting problem #5  
frank - raise the tilting seat & look in the cavity below it or the seatbottom itself for a plate /decal carrying the full technical model # ans serial #; take that info to a computer; google for " MTD manual archives".enter required data and d/l free p/l for your machines to get all p/n's you need to order. HTH.