can't mow in reverse

/ can't mow in reverse #11  
Gary, couldn't agree with you more about the inane things added to equipment in an attempt to "fix stupid" - but there IS a way to make a ZTR "sorta" work with a "reverse=no mow" setup, my Cub RZT50 HAD it. It WAS set up so if only ONE handle was rearward, the PTO would keep engaged, but if BOTH handles were pulled back the PTO would drop out. It would then re-engage on its own when you stopped having BOTH handles to the rear.

Still a PITA and a maintenance nightmare - I, like you, won't have anyone within AT LEAST 100 feet when I'm mowing and, unlike a lot of "vote for a living" idiots on the road, I actually understand what rearview mirrors are for - sooo, even though the mower doesn't have mirrors on it, I don't back up (mowing or not) without checking behind me.

Found the switches, now the PTO shuts off when I decide. If I'm dumb enough to drive over a cliff with the mower running and end up UNDER it, it's my own dang fault. ( I consider 50,000 lawyers in a land fill to be a good START):rolleyes:

Sure wish "common sense" was actually COMMON, so we didn't have to PAY for "features" we have to DISABLE before we can actually USE what we buy. Remember the "no plunge cut" guards that used to be on chain saws? At least with the more recent blade brakes you can actually USE the dang saw. (unless you've let the crappy "congressional gas" sit too long :mad: )

OK, rant off - I'm 69 and cranky, but my wife puts up with it so NYAAHHH... :D Steve

/ can't mow in reverse #12  
I own an rzt54...all I had to do was reach under each plastic fender with pliers and break off the little tabs that make contact with the spring loaded buttons. I have never had any problems or regrets...

/ can't mow in reverse #13  
It's aggravating to have the mower disengage when going in reverse.

I do personally know of a case, where this would definitely have saved a child part of a foot.

So, it's not for no reason. But, it is because many people are not cautious enough. And the rest need to be punished for that.

/ can't mow in reverse #14  
Yep. That on/off of the blades on a zero turn is not only annoying, but can't be good on the electric pto either. I will take my chances with the safety risk.

/ can't mow in reverse #15  
Gary, couldn't agree with you more about the inane things added to equipment in an attempt to "fix stupid" - but there IS a way to make a ZTR "sorta" work with a "reverse=no mow" setup, my Cub RZT50 HAD it. It WAS set up so if only ONE handle was rearward, the PTO would keep engaged, but if BOTH handles were pulled back the PTO would drop out. It would then re-engage on its own when you stopped having BOTH handles to the rear.

Still a PITA and a maintenance nightmare - I, like you, won't have anyone within AT LEAST 100 feet when I'm mowing and, unlike a lot of "vote for a living" idiots on the road, I actually understand what rearview mirrors are for - sooo, even though the mower doesn't have mirrors on it, I don't back up (mowing or not) without checking behind me.

Found the switches, now the PTO shuts off when I decide. If I'm dumb enough to drive over a cliff with the mower running and end up UNDER it, it's my own dang fault. ( I consider 50,000 lawyers in a land fill to be a good START):rolleyes:

Sure wish "common sense" was actually COMMON, so we didn't have to PAY for "features" we have to DISABLE before we can actually USE what we buy. Remember the "no plunge cut" guards that used to be on chain saws? At least with the more recent blade brakes you can actually USE the dang saw. (unless you've let the crappy "congressional gas" sit too long :mad: )

OK, rant off - I'm 69 and cranky, but my wife puts up with it so NYAAHHH... :D Steve

Jury's, for the most part, hand down the stupid decisions you rant about. Lawyers just present the case. The 50,000 lawyers in a landfill thing? :thumbdown: