jaandrew

/ jaandrew #1  

jaandrew

Tractor
74-76 long 445
any advice on rebuilding els725 24 hp. b&s engine .can't find parts

/ jaandrew #2  
You can put the model and type number into partstree.com and come up with parts breakdown, and even order parts from them, or go see your local briggs dealer and I am sure he would be able to help you.

Depending on what you need to do to repair the engine, sometimes it is cheaper to just replace the engine.

/ jaandrew
thank you to all who replied. I am familiar with jacks small engine parts . its been a while and had forgotten them. I've also done business with parts tree . I guess I need to see if they have a rebuild package with all seals and gaskets not sure what I will need in parts . motor runs but only on one cylinder. broken rod ,spun bearing not sure its been a long time since I worked on one and I have never rebuilt a twin. so i'm not sure if you can tear down just one side or if like with a auto I would have to take it down and pull crank. any one with advice. please fill free to share, thanks john

/ jaandrew
I have been looking at some engines on e-bay. trouble is these engines get such bad ratings not sure if safe to buy used. seems most people who had trouble was in first hundred hours or so. maybe one with 250-300 hrs may be good buy. this one has over 600 on it . i'm doing it for a friend he let some idiot work on it and it hasn't been right since. his wife told me it was spitting oil out. when I checked it had zero in it .not sure what would cause it to do that unless maybe really dirty air filter.well that is where I am on it haven't really had time to look it over much more

/ jaandrew #6  
Partstree.com is a good place to find parts, but recently I have found cubcadetpartsbynet.com. Their site is super easy to navigate, have free parts diagrams, and very fair pricing if not cheaper than most on OEM parts. I've ordered a few parts this past month for my LTX1042KW and they arrived super fast. Just a heads up.