Hydrostatic belt on a lt1045

/ Hydrostatic belt on a lt1045 #1  

Dftodd

Elite Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S
Any one replace the hydrostatic belt on a 2007 or later model lt1045? A simple belt replacement turned into a nightmare. And am wondering if there are any tricks besides tearing the whole thing completely apart :mad:

/ Hydrostatic belt on a lt1045 #2  
slide out mower deck, tilt mower 45 deg to side. loosen clutch pully, center nut and slide down, put new belt on over idler pullies fanblade and tranny.....done. I did replace the idler pullies at the same time, two pullies are easy bolts but one is a b...ch. You cant get the nut off without removing the whole top part of the tractor.....just drill a hole in the floorboard where the nut is located to fit a socket into. sorry about my English.

/ Hydrostatic belt on a lt1045
Yeah, being a b---h is an understatement replacing the belt. Was able to get it. The biggest issue I was having was getting it around the fan for the hydrostatic. The fins were extremely brittle. Lost one of the fins, but it's back on and running.
I got fed up with it over the summer and bought a finish mower for my tractor. Kids closing on a house next week, so the wife and decided to fix the cubby and give it to them for a house warming gift. Plus the tractor needs a proper home in the garage. Thanks for the reply

/ Hydrostatic belt on a lt1045 #4  
I'm late to this party.....but the next time you need to do this job, start by placing the belt on the tranny pulley first. At least that's the way I've done it on my '05' LT1050.....In the 1,007 hours I've run my cub, I've changed it 3 times.

/ Hydrostatic belt on a lt1045
I'm late to this party.....but the next time you need to do this job, start by placing the belt on the tranny pulley first. At least that's the way I've done it on my '05' LT1050.....In the 1,007 hours I've run my cub, I've changed it 3 times.

Won't be a next time. Fixed it up and sold it:thumbsup: got a finish mower for my tactor, and it cut my mowing time in half :D

/ Hydrostatic belt on a lt1045 #6  
Best $59 I ever spent was letting Troyer replace the hydrostat belt on my LT 1050.That little Amish shop 11 miles from the house was the best discovery I have made in years.
Bill