Cub Cadet GT 2544 Hydraulic Tiller Attachment - What Are Your Experiences?

/ Cub Cadet GT 2544 Hydraulic Tiller Attachment - What Are Your Experiences? #1  

Raeven

I've had the aforementioned little tractor since 2005 and I've been awfully happy with it. I need a bigger tractor but that's not in the cards right now, so I've pushed this little guy to the limit and it hasn't let me down yet. :thumbsup:

I have an old Troy Bilt Horse rear tine tiller for my vegetable garden, which is 50 x 75 feet. Doesn't sound like much, but that old Horse -- which was probably manufactured about the time I graduated high school -- is getting to be an awful lot to manage. I'm interested in purchasing the 30" Cub Cadet Hydraulic Driven Dual Direction Tiller, found one on eBay. Is it a worthwhile purchase? Anyone have any experience with this tiller on the Cub 2500 series? Hints? Tips? Cautionary tales?

I also would love to learn how you attach this tiller to the tractor. I'm not especially handy and so far haven't found a tiller attachment manual online. Do I need something more to attach the tiller to the tractor (somehow, I feel sure I do)? Any help?

Thanks to anyone who is willing to share their thoughts and/or experiences!

/ Cub Cadet GT 2544 Hydraulic Tiller Attachment - What Are Your Experiences? #2  
There are quite a number of parts required to attach a 30 inch hydraulic tiller to a Cub Cadet.

Here is a listing of what is needed.

Cub Cadet 002 30" Hydraulic Tiller, 190-002-100 Parts
Attachment Hitch
Hydraulic Control Valve And Tiller Frame
Hydraulic Motor And Tine Assembly
Hydraulic Pump Assembly
Roller Assembly

Cub Cadet 002 30" Hydraulic Tiller, 190-002-100 Attachments
014 Skid Kit, 190-014-100

Here is a web link to a supply source, Maybe!!!!!!!!

Error

Click on one of the blue items and a parts breakdown will appear.
Good luck.

/ Cub Cadet GT 2544 Hydraulic Tiller Attachment - What Are Your Experiences?
Gator6x4, thank you so much for taking the time to share what you know. I spent some time on the site you linked, tried to make heads or tails of the schematics. I think the unit I'm looking at is complete, as seen here, but I'm just not sure. I look at that unit, scratch my head and think, "Yeah, but how do I attach it to my little tractor and then how do I control it?" And then I wonder, "Is it really worth all this expense and hassle?"

Maybe. :)

I can call the seller to determine that information. Sure would love to hear from anyone else who has used this tiller assembly to learn they thought it was a worthwhile purchase. I should add that my experience with tractors and their attachments is virtually nil. I know how to hitch up my little cart with a cotter pin, and that's about it. :eek:

/ Cub Cadet GT 2544 Hydraulic Tiller Attachment - What Are Your Experiences? #4  
   / Cub Cadet GT 2544 Hydraulic Tiller Attachment - What Are Your Experiences?
aczlan, thank you. That clarifies it nicely. I have the hardest time relating those exploded schematics to what I'm looking at on a picture of the unit -- not a problem if I have the actual unit in front of me.

I had been doing further searches and found pics of the attachment hitch and roller assembly so realized the item pictured on eBay was incomplete for use. Looks like by the time I purchased everything I need to run the tiller, I could buy a second garden tractor. Ah, well, best get that Horse tuned up. Thanks again for taking the time to clarify what Gator6x4 was trying to explain to me but I was unable to grasp.