Cub Cadet GT2550 Fuse Size

/ Cub Cadet GT2550 Fuse Size #1  

thisdj1

Tractor
Case Dx 45 Cab
Hello,

I just purchased my tractor last night and am beginning to give it a full service before Spring hits. I had heard that these units were known for blowing fuses for multiple reasons, and sure enough, I blew one before it was even off of the trailer. I've read the entire owners manual and it does not state the size of fuse to use. I thought I had read somewhere that there was a 15a and a 5a that are used. However, if you look for parts for this unit, 25a fuses are listed as being available for purchase. I can't even find what each fuse does. I believe the larger amperage fuse controls the main ignition. I'm not sure if the other fuse is just for the headlights possibly? One of the headlights had melted its socket in the housing so it is just strapped up out of the way. The previous owner did say that he had blown fuses before and had just put in there what he had so I can't go off of the blown one that is in it. I'm also not sure exactly what caused it to blow. It could have been the seat safety switch as I leaned over without the brake on and it started to cut off before I sat right back down. I'm not sure. But if anyone has any information on the sizes of fuses I should put in it would be greatly appreciated! My next step will be changing the oil and filter, hydro oil and filter, air filter, fuel filter, plugs and greasing everything. Hopefully I don't run in to any major obstacles as this is my first experience working with a Cub. Thanks for all of the input!

/ Cub Cadet GT2550 Fuse Size #2  
If nothing else, look in the cavity under the tilting seat for a plate/decal with the full machine model # and serial #. Then go to the website "http://manuals.mtdproducts.com/mtd/Public.do", enter that info to download PDF copies of the owners manual, parts list and engine manual.
One of those document should give you specifics on fusing for your machine.... good luck.

/ Cub Cadet GT2550 Fuse Size
I have the original owners manual. It has a list for a 25a fuse but it has no sort of wiring diagram, nor does it imply what the fuse is for. I was hoping maybe someone had come up with a wiring schematic or some other resource to know what each of the 2 fuses do. Thanks for the reply!

/ Cub Cadet GT2550 Fuse Size #4  
I found a wiring diagram for one model (not sure which one) that shows a 5A fuse in the ground circuit to the PTO and a 20A fuse in the ground circuit, off the ignition switch, to the starter solenoid. I would guess that yours is similar.
Bob B.

/ Cub Cadet GT2550 Fuse Size #5  
There's a 5Aand a 25A in the wiring diagram, somewhere. I think under the dash soemplace.
Go on ebay, you can find a partds catalog. Got mine from from William Kellner, 8795 Interchange road, Lehighton PA 18235.