LTX 1040 wont run

/ LTX 1040 wont run #21  
There is only 1 fuel line coming from the bottom of the fuel tank going directly to the carburetor. There is an inline fuel filter.

I disconnect the fuel line at the carburetor and gas pours out....I crank the engine over with the fuel line disconnected and there is no change in the flow of the gas coming out of the fuel line. No pulsing.

This mower does not have a fuel pump as described...sv590 Kohler.

/ LTX 1040 wont run #22  
I'm starting to believe that previous owner had the fuel pump eliminated and installed an inline fuel petcock between the inline fuel filter and fuel tank.

There is no fuuel pump to be found as shown in the service manual that was given to me....thank you btw.

/ LTX 1040 wont run #23  
Confirmed that this mower did not come with a fuel pump. It is gravity feed.

There are replacement kohler courage 19HP motors that come with and without fuel pumps.

/ LTX 1040 wont run #24  
if yer tractor is setup with a "high-mounted" fuel tank - usually right behind the instrument dash - no fuel pump needed. other machines have the fuel tank under the seat and being lower than the engine need a fuel pump. 19 hp kohlers are used in both configs by several mfgrs.

/ LTX 1040 wont run #25  
if yer tractor is setup with a "high-mounted" fuel tank - usually right behind the instrument dash - no fuel pump needed. other machines have the fuel tank under the seat and being lower than the engine need a fuel pump. 19 hp kohlers are used in both configs by several mfgrs.

That is the circumstance with this mower.

/ LTX 1040 wont run #26  
That is the circumstance with this mower.

which makes one wonder if previous owner had trouble with raw fuel dripping thru bad carb causing him/her to install an inline fuel shutoff valve... meanwhile that raw gas got down into the crankcase oil diluting same causing serious loss of lubricity and subsequent internal engine damage (which bring us to yer other thread?)

/ LTX 1040 wont run #27  
If that solenoid thingy is the problem, you can solve it quickly and easily. Whilst you have it off of the tractor, take a pair of pliers and snip off the end of the little plunger. It will then be open all the time, so it's a good idea to install an inline shutoff.