Rotella 10w40??

/ Rotella 10w40?? #1  

turbojerk

Bronze Member
Tractor
2007 Cub Cadet GT2554
Anyone using Rotella 10w40 in their Cubs? Mine is a GT2554...

thanks
T

/ Rotella 10w40?? #2  
what does your engine manual call for?

/ Rotella 10w40?? #3  
My GT-2550 manual calls for API Grade SG, SH, SJ or higher, and viscosity above 32-F of 10-W-30. So that's what I use. I don't second-guess the manufacturer. In my case, I use Pennzoil, but I think it's probably all good.

/ Rotella 10w40?? #4  
Also believe you're good. The only caution I've seen on the cc Kohlers is waiting 50-100 run hrs before switching from dino to synthetic....

/ Rotella 10w40?? #5  
I use Rotella in in our 2550 and am very pleased with it...now its got over 700hrs.

/ Rotella 10w40?? #6  
I use Rotella in in our 2550 and am very pleased with it...now its got over 700hrs.

I'm not an oil scientist, but Rotella is in the top 5 oils for diesel and gas engines. It is a favorite in the motorcycle roadracing paddocks....I use it in 180 HP inline 4-cylinders that are churning 13,000- 16,000 rpm's and 200 MPH.

Google it....you'll be impressed at how well reviewed it is and the many oil tests that have been done with it and how it compares.

/ Rotella 10w40?? #7  
I am unaware of a 10w/40 offered by Rotella, but I'm a fan of using the diesel oils in my gas engines. Be it my mower, atv, motor scooter, the two motorcycles.....even the Camaro, gets a diesel grade oil.

You will not harm your mower by using it....my 1000 series Cub Cadet, is in it's 11th mowing season, has 1,049 hrs on the clock, and still runs great. Have used Mobil Delvac 15w/40 conventional since almost new. No make up oil needed between 50 hr changes, no blue smoke....just keeps purring along. The only advantage I see with the synthetics, would be in really cold weather with starting, and improved initial oil flow.....but I don't mow grass at 5 or 10*......now the Kioti Tractor is a different story, so Rotella T6, 5w/40 synthetic is a good choice.

/ Rotella 10w40?? #8  
I think the important thing is to know your oil. If it looses viscosity due to shear in 3000 miles or 100hrs. Then you need to be changing it at that interval.
As important is the filter. If the filter loads up in 2000 miles or 50hrs then you need a better filter to match the oils life span.

Synthetics have better shear properties and therefore can run longer and flow better at startup which is the critical time.
Rotella T6 has some of the best shear properties as well as other good properties.

I use Rotella T6 in my tractor and car because they get used in all weather conditions.