XT3-GSX

/ XT3-GSX #1  

sandyponder

Tractor
Cub 1641, 7265, XT3-GSE
Looking at upgrading from an old Cub 1641 to the new XT3 GSX. Any bad news about this new CUB?

/ XT3-GSX #2  
   / XT3-GSX #3  
I believe it's basically the same as my GTX 2000 I bought last year(at least that's what dealer told me). Keep your old 1641 and fix it up. The new Cubs nowadays are plastic Chinese/USA POS machines.I bought mine to replace an early Kubota GR series mower that tranny went south in,and boy,do I regret ever selling the Kubota. I wish I would've put $3k into the Kubota than selling it and buying this POS Cub last year. I have the 48" fab deck,and still clogs miserably,which was a big complaint of mine on 2 previous Cubs I owned that I purchased new(a 2165 in 1994 and a 3204 in 2002). I have a thread on my mower also. I can't wait to be rid of it.

/ XT3-GSX
Thanks for the info on your GSE. I just took delivery on one and have mowed my 2 acre lot with ease. It has a 54" deck and more horsepower than the 1641 but used less fuel!! Got it with a 48" Berco snowblower to handle the wicked snows of Lake Ontario.

/ XT3-GSX #5  
U
I believe it's basically the same as my GTX 2000 I bought last year(at least that's what dealer told me). Keep your old 1641 and fix it up. The new Cubs nowadays are plastic Chinese/USA POS machines.I bought mine to replace an early Kubota GR series mower that tranny went south in,and boy,do I regret ever selling the Kubota. I wish I would've put $3k into the Kubota than selling it and buying this POS Cub last year. I have the 48" fab deck,and still clogs miserably,which was a big complaint of mine on 2 previous Cubs I owned that I purchased new(a 2165 in 1994 and a 3204 in 2002). I have a thread on my mower also. I can't wait to be rid of it.

The only time I ever had a mower deck clog I was mowing wet grass. Did not mow wet grass again and never had the clogging problem again.

/ XT3-GSX #6  
U

The only time I ever had a mower deck clog I was mowing wet grass. Did not mow wet grass again and never had the clogging problem again.

Amen.

/ XT3-GSX
XT3-GSE.jpgI agree with mowing dry grass only....however sometimes I have to mow anyways. I use the deck wash feature about half way through and havn't had any clogs....Mowing with 54" fabricated deck on a XT3-GSE.

/ XT3-GSX #8  
U

I mowed my lawn Weds.,cleaned deck,then mowed again yesterday,still was clogging. If the grass is green,this deck will clog. ****,the one time I used a Dixie Chopper(started to rain) and grass wasn't clumping.I've also used a JD X740,and my old kubota GR, decks didn't clog w/ same conditions. My belief is they only put the washouts on decks they can't design properly:rolleyes:....Kubota and JD didn't have deck wash ports. I hope the OP has better luck w/ their Cub.......

/ XT3-GSX #9  
I mowed my lawn Weds.,cleaned deck,then mowed again yesterday,still was clogging. If the grass is green,this deck will clog. ****,the one time I used a Dixie Chopper(started to rain) and grass wasn't clumping.I've also used a JD X740,and my old kubota GR, decks didn't clog w/ same conditions. My belief is they only put the washouts on decks they can't design properly:rolleyes:....Kubota and JD didn't have deck wash ports. I hope the OP has better luck w/ their Cub.......
enuff already.

/ XT3-GSX #10  
enuff already.
Why??? I'm just stating my conditions when I mow,IF my grass was wet,I'd deal with it-but when you mow a dry lawn,taking less than an inch of grass off,no mower deck should clog up underneath. ALWAYS a problem with the 3 Cubs I've owned,not with other mowers I've had,so if you don't like my stating my experiences with these Cubs,well,tough.......