LT1050 deck problems

/ LT1050 deck problems #1  

emp1953

Tractor
cub cadet lt1050
The pivot on the tensioner has worn and is now "wobbly". I cannot find any hints or clues on line as to how to replace this part or even where to buy it. I've found several deck rebuild kits on line, none include the tensioner pivot point.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

emp1953

/ LT1050 deck problems #2  
look in the cavity under the tilting seat on yer ride; find a plate/decal with the FULL model # and serial #.... go to website PDF Manual Web Archive , enter data, d/l PDF copy of parts list and owners manual for your particular machine.
In the parts list, your tensioner parts should be identified with an item number that corresponds to a part number..... all that info should be located in the section where the 50 inch deck is shown as an exploded diagram. good luck.
P.S.: it may be that your pivot point is welded to the main deck shell and therefore will not be broke out as a replaceable component. If so, best to talk with a cub dealer about repair options.

/ LT1050 deck problems
look in the cavity under the tilting seat on yer ride; find a plate/decal with the FULL model # and serial #.... go to website PDF Manual Web Archive , enter data, d/l PDF copy of parts list and owners manual for your particular machine.
In the parts list, your tensioner parts should be identified with an item number that corresponds to a part number..... all that info should be located in the section where the 50 inch deck is shown as an exploded diagram. good luck.
P.S.: it may be that your pivot point is welded to the main deck shell and therefore will not be broke out as a replaceable component. If so, best to talk with a cub dealer about repair options.

understood, I did that, got the "correct" drawing and it did not match what I took apart on the deck.
Monday I am loading this on my truck and taking it to the dealer, let their guys sort it out.

/ LT1050 deck problems #4  
Interestingly, there's the same problem on another Cub Cadet forum and a LTX1050 for sale locally; "has deck drive belt issues." Seeing a weak point here?

jack vines

/ LT1050 deck problems
Interestingly, there's the same problem on another Cub Cadet forum and a LTX1050 for sale locally; "has deck drive belt issues." Seeing a weak point here?

jack vines

My LT1050 is a 2006 model year so its 10 years old and has served me well. I just suspect that in the manufacturing assembly process that either parts got mixed in from another model year or the correct parts weren't available and some industrious worker on the assembly line found that these other parts fit just as well. It was a shoulder bolt that the tensioner pivots on that was the issue. What was in the drawings did not match what I took apart. I went through 4 different parts / assembly drawings before I found something that looked correct and that was a 2004. I saw that the bolt was quite pricey so I took the old bolt and went to a scrap yard that has all kinds of hardware. They have some bolts and nuts that I can't lift off the ground. I got an oversize bolt with the correct hardness markings. My neighbor is a machinist / welder. I handed him the two bolts and the tensioner arm. He played with it and got something that worked. I had to thread the bottom of the new shoulder bolt. The only thing missing is the grease fitting on the top. I loaded it up with a military grade lithium grease and am hoping for the best.

/ LT1050 deck problems #6  
Last edited: