CC 1450 Transmission Leak

/ CC 1450 Transmission Leak #1  

flamefighter09

Tractor
Cub Cadet 1450
Hello, I am new to the forum. I was wondering if you folks could help me out. My Cub Cadet 1450 has a transmission leak, the transmission is wet all over and it is dripping on the underside, near the tube. Has anyone had this issue or known of common seals that leak. It does leak when it doesn't run. I am leading toward the gasket between transmission and differential. I just don't want to split it and that not be the actual problem. Thanks in Advance!

/ CC 1450 Transmission Leak #2  
I had a 1450 for 26 years and and had transmission leaks. One leak point is the two check valves mounted on top of the transmission. You can remove the 4 cap screws holding the center cover and remove it to see the valves. They have a bleed hole in the center and if the check ball sticks or is dirty, oil will leak from the hole. I was able to clean one in kerosene and get it to work again but I had to replace the valves a couple times. The other leak was harder - a leaky o-ring between the trans and differential. Parts were cheap but the labor separating the unit wasn't fun.
Bob B.

/ CC 1450 Transmission Leak
Ok. I will check the valves. Do you know if the pipe on the underside going into differential is ever an issue

/ CC 1450 Transmission Leak #5  
Ok. I will check the valves. Do you know if the pipe on the underside going into differential is ever an issue
Originally I thought that the pipe was leaking. I bought a new one which hung in my garage for many years after I replaced the o-ring, the real culprit.
Bob B.

/ CC 1450 Transmission Leak
After tearing it down I found out it is the gasket between the Transmission and rear diff. Should the new seal go in dry or with permatex?

/ CC 1450 Transmission Leak #7  
I used a sealer on the one I installed and it never leaked again.

Bob B.