Given up on my 3206 Cub Cadet

/ Given up on my 3206 Cub Cadet #1  

GTSRider

Gold Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet 3000
Have 3206 Cub Cadet 22 hp... engine runs strong ...uses no oil, but has an odd fuel problem.... put in new fuel pump...new clear fuel filter
runs dry of fuel in 60 seconds or so.... so I think fuel pick up in tank is loaded with debris. Blew out recent new fuel line with compressed air
to no avail.
I don't have the time to remove tank, and don't want to have the expense of having a shop do it....
For Sale for $500. Has heavy duty tranny with posi lock pedal....
Tractor is in Hudson Valley NY... close to Poughkeepsie, NY.
Pete

/ Given up on my 3206 Cub Cadet #2  
PM sent.

/ Given up on my 3206 Cub Cadet #3  
kohler engine? if so, stick with OEM fuel filter for that particular engine... no aftermarket.

/ Given up on my 3206 Cub Cadet
Believe it or not.....just found out my fuel problem after a year of scratching my head, over it.
Took off body / fender shell from frame, and had a tough time getting fuel line out...
but when I did , I found the line crimped in a spot where no fuel could pass through.
It appears that past owner did not check out the fuel line for free movement , when he
put the body / fender shell back on , and the fuel line got crushed when all was bolted together.
Very poor design , by MTD , on all 3,000 series, when they put gas tank so low and to the rear, requiring 4 feet
of fuel line that must pump fuel from a low spot , up to carb . Lot's of labor to pull gas tank if
need to clean out. Have not put back together yet, but sure I found the problem.

/ Given up on my 3206 Cub Cadet #5  
Believe it or not.....just found out my fuel problem after a year of scratching my head, over it.
Took off body / fender shell from frame, and had a tough time getting fuel line out...
but when I did , I found the line crimped in a spot where no fuel could pass through.
It appears that past owner did not check out the fuel line for free movement , when he
put the body / fender shell back on , and the fuel line got crushed when all was bolted together.
Very poor design , by MTD , on all 3,000 series, when they put gas tank so low and to the rear, requiring 4 feet
of fuel line that must pump fuel from a low spot , up to carb . Lot's of labor to pull gas tank if
need to clean out. Have not put back together yet, but sure I found the problem.

Thanks for letting us know the solution.

Bob B.