LTX1050 delayed PTO start with bogging and low power (video)

/ LTX1050 delayed PTO start with bogging and low power (video) #1  

gidaeon

Tractor
Cub Cadet LTX 1050
My 2011 LTX 1050 Kawasaki engine, 175h, new plugs. Well maintained. 1 year old battery was at 12.7v with meter. Mower digital displays says battery is 11.9v though, but starts easy with no choke.

The PTO is delayed to engage and the engine bogs down a bit. When trying to mow theres no power its not really moveable.

Only things that changed over the winter are I found mouse nests in engine compartment area. Could they have plugged something? Pulling my hair out.

Video of my problem:
Lyx1:confused: delayed pto engagement low power - YouTube

/ LTX1050 delayed PTO start with bogging and low power (video) #2  
Either the digital voltage display is incorrect or there is a voltage loss from the battery to the meter. Bad battery cable(s) or connections. Did you mean the tractor won't move at all or just bogs down when mowing? I would remove air cleaner and make sure the mice didn't chew up the filter.

Bob B.

/ LTX1050 delayed PTO start with bogging and low power (video) #3  
Any chance your mouse friends have partially clogged your muffler/exhaust? Would explain both a different exhaust sound and loss of power.

I have had "dirt dauber" hornets plug up exhausts.

/ LTX1050 delayed PTO start with bogging and low power (video) #4  
From your video , it sounds like its only running on 1 cylinder
to check that i would pull off 1 spark plug wire while its running,
if no change on 1 and it dies on the other then it could be a bad coil, broken or chewed threw coil primary wire etc.

/ LTX1050 delayed PTO start with bogging and low power (video) #5  
I didn't notice the video. I would run a compression check on both cylinders. It sounds like it could be a blown head gasket. My 2004 3235 blew one at 400 hours and I found the head bolts, on the Kohler 25 Command engine were barely tightened. I replaced the gaskets, left some of the shrouds off, ran till hot and then torqued the bolts again before replacing all the shrouds.

Bob B.

/ LTX1050 delayed PTO start with bogging and low power (video) #6  
Agree it only sounds like one is cly. is running. take the top cover off and check both coils from the spark plugs to the flywheel