Lawn Mower won't crank

/ Lawn Mower won't crank #1  

ccharles5681

Tractor
LT045
My LT1045 Cub Cadet cranked this morning and ran about 20 yards and cut off. Now it won't crank. It turns over fine. Acts like it not getting fire.

/ Lawn Mower won't crank #2  
No crank but turns over????

/ Lawn Mower won't crank #3  
Turns over and cranks mean the same thing. The term crank coming from when you actually use a hand crank to turn the engine over, no electric start. Now turns over, cranks, but won't start is another thing. Also when asking an engine question it helps to know what engine we are talking about, make, model number.

Thanks,

Walt Conner

/ Lawn Mower won't crank #4  
Ain't it funny how some people use common engine terms incorrectly...
'Crank' or 'Turn' over means the same thing... hopefully after a second or three of 'cranking', the engine will 'start', and continue to 'run'.

Since the OPs machine is gas, it needs fuel & spark to run, so one or the other is missing. Under the circumstances, my bet is a fuel problem.

Pete

/ Lawn Mower won't crank #5  
My LT1045 Cub Cadet cranked this morning and ran about 20 yards and cut off. Now it won't crank. It turns over fine. Acts like it not getting fire.
1) chk to see that afterfire solenoid at carb bottom is getting 12v with ign on and that solenoid is actuating.
2) if still trouble, remove carb air cleaner - crank engine normally - shoot several shots of rattlecan carb cleaner directly into carb throat at same time. If engine pops/tries to run, you have fuel delivery prob. If not ign or mech problem.
post back with details if more help needed.

/ Lawn Mower won't crank #6  
just checking on if this guy resolved his problem...
looks like the OP has not been back on TBN since his original post. :confused3:

/ Lawn Mower won't crank #7  
If I were in his position, I doubt that I would be back either. "crank", "turn over", "start". REALLY??? How helpful.