HELP PLEASE Cub GT2000 Need Hydro gear transmission advice

/ HELP PLEASE Cub GT2000 Need Hydro gear transmission advice #1  

Leo Rabon

Bronze Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet GT 2000
I have a 2011 Cub Cadet GT2000. It is 20HP Kohler Shaft Drive Hydro-Gear BDU-10 Hydrostatic Transmission. 5.5 qts fluid 240 hours on machine. Tranny fluid (and filter)is changed every 50 hours with the made from GOLD Cub Cadet "Drive System Fluid Plus". Never had any other problems with the HYDRO. I have treated this machine with "kid gloves".
1 acre grass yard, winter leaves, less house, flower beds, and large driveway. 1 slight hill and no pulling anything by the tractor. I believe this is the same transmission used by the 2500 and 3000 Series Cub Cadet Garden Tractors. My problem: So I am cutting grass on a hot day recently and pulled up on the driveway to get a cool drink. The driveway is level and I cut the motor off (did not set parking brake) and get my cool drink. When I go back to the mower, I leaned slightly against the back of the mower and it rolled forward about a foot. Well I know it is not supposed to do that and so I pulled slightly on the mower and it would only move backwards about 2 inches and then stop. I pushed forward slightly again and it moved easily about 1 foot. I did not do that any more as I know that it may damage the transmission further. It has never done this before, always Hydro holds the machine in place.
1. The tractor works and pulls fine.
2. The fluid is full and no leaks.
3. The closest Cub Cadet Dealer (for the upgraded (Not Box Store) Cub Cadets is almost 60 miles away.
4. Would it hurt anything to finish grass cutting season before I take (if you think I need) for repairs.
5. Does anyone have any idea what is wrong with the HYDRO?
6. I am a more than a little concerned as making repairs on this hydro could be very expensive.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Leo Rabon

/ HELP PLEASE Cub GT2000 Need Hydro gear transmission advice #2  
I would pull and reset the manual bypass lever several times to see if that fixes the problem. If you are able to push the tractor and the fluid level is correct it sounds like it's bypassing the fluid, which is the purpose of the lever or rod.

Bob B.

/ HELP PLEASE Cub GT2000 Need Hydro gear transmission advice
Thank you Bob. I will give that a try and see what happens. I can't get to it until late next Tuesday and I will let you know how it turns out.

Leo

/ HELP PLEASE Cub GT2000 Need Hydro gear transmission advice #4  
Thank you Bob. I will give that a try and see what happens. I can't get to it until late next Tuesday and I will let you know how it turns out.

Leo
I have a CC series 2000 2166 that is now 13 years old and am curious as to what did you find going on with the trans?

/ HELP PLEASE Cub GT2000 Need Hydro gear transmission advice
I have a CC series 2000 2166 that is now 13 years old and am curious as to what did you find going on with the trans?

Rudedawg: Sorry I have not checked into yet. transmission works fine except for creeping down a slight hill while no pedal is depressed. Been terribly busy and still using for grass and leaves. Problem no worse. Will advise you when I can get to the problem.

thanks
Leo Rabon

/ HELP PLEASE Cub GT2000 Need Hydro gear transmission advice #6  
Sounds like it needs the Hydro to be adjusted so it is in neutral , the manual deals with how to adjust
If you do not have a manual they can be downloaded from the Cub Cadet site