Hello

/ Hello #1  

Grassman17

Tractor
i1042
Hello everyone. Another new member on board from Tennessee. I am the proud owner, well owner anyways of a Cub Cadet i1042 Zero turn riding lawn mower. I'm hoping someone out there can explain why my tractor turns right very well but not left.

/ Hello #2  
Hi. Welcome. I am sure some Cub owners can help with your question.

/ Hello #3  
:welcome:

I'm going to move your thread over to the Cub Cadet section before you get stuck going in circles forever :D

/ Hello #5  
grassman - the i-series are known for stiff steering. To start with, make sure your tire pressures are set correctly and that you have lubed ALL the steering points per your manual.
If still bad turning left, remove dust cover over left fr wheel pivot - chk gearing and other connections. post back with details.

/ Hello #6  
Welcome to TBN from NH...enjoy.

/ Hello #7  
G'day Mate and welcome to TBN from Downunder.

Enjoy the site and hopefully an answer can be found for you... otherwise you won't be able to enter it in a NASCAR mower race.

/ Hello #8  
2 likely possibilities:

1. Steering

2. The I series uses 2 rear differentials which can be engaged or disengaged with a small bent rod on the back of the mower near where you hook up a trailer. If 1 differential is engaged and the other not . . . You need to put the rod in so both are engaged (or the differential on the one side is bad)

I really like my i1050.

/ Hello
Checked tire pressures and lubed all the steering points. Removed front dust covers and cleaned. Still having the issue of not turning left.