cub cadet zforce 44 zero turn transmission type? how to change fluid?

/ cub cadet zforce 44 zero turn transmission type? how to change fluid? #1  

morris lipham

Bronze Member
Tractor
kubota L185, yanmar YM1700
I just purchased a zforce 44 with 430 hrs at a very good price. The original owner changed engine oil but never the trans, said he didn't know you had to. Apparently there are 2 different types of trans on these mowers. Mine is a 2006 zforce 44 model# 53AA5B6L619. I looked under mower and there is no drain plug I can see, a small plastic cover about 2"sticks out on the side of each pump but looks too high to be a drain cover. :confused:

/ cub cadet zforce 44 zero turn transmission type? how to change fluid? #2  
There should be a model tag on the transaxle itself. Most likely hydrogear, which will be a long series of letters Some of the hydrogear units are not really user serviceable. May have to remove the unit, turn upside down to drain, measure how much oil comes out and then replace that amount of oil.

/ cub cadet zforce 44 zero turn transmission type? how to change fluid? #3  
I know this is a old post but if it is a zforce it should have zt2800 trans, which has filter on each tranny, remove the filter and that's your drain. The plastic plug is a vent when the oil reservoir is filled. If this mower has a tank under the seat then it should be serviceable. If no tank it has sealed transmissions. I have zforce 50 and change the oil and filter every 200 hours, it's coming up on 500 hours and operates like new.

/ cub cadet zforce 44 zero turn transmission type? how to change fluid?
I know this is a old post but if it is a zforce it should have zt2800 trans, which has filter on each tranny, remove the filter and that's your drain. The plastic plug is a vent when the oil reservoir is filled. If this mower has a tank under the seat then it should be serviceable. If no tank it has sealed transmissions. I have zforce 50 and change the oil and filter every 200 hours, it's coming up on 500 hours and operates like new.

Has zt2400 sealed tranny