Briggs and Stratton Fuel Solenoid

/ Briggs and Stratton Fuel Solenoid #1  

ld2

Tractor
Ferguson TO-30
Does the fuel solenoid also regulate the amount of gas flow into the main jet? Mine quit working and tried to bypass it by cutting the plunger of at the threads now it floods the engine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

/ Briggs and Stratton Fuel Solenoid #2  
Your solenoid snipping wouldn't be the source of your problem. Though you didn't say what exactly this is, but a float valve or seat issue is the most likely culprit. Model and type numbers would help. If a single, what brand of carb.

/ Briggs and Stratton Fuel Solenoid
Model 40755 Type 0317E1. It will start with the fuel line disconnected using the fuel in the bowl but as soon as you hook the fuel line back up it floods the engine

/ Briggs and Stratton Fuel Solenoid #4  
I'm guessing the engine is an Intek twin. But the model is missing a digit. Your choice, but the carb comes off either way to rebuild it or replace it. Consider replacing it. On the rebuild use all the seals. It is possible one of a few things are happening. A float/ float valve issue or a main jet popped out of the fuel pipe would be the most common. The main jets do not come with the kit and are specific to each bore. The moth gasket and the lower ring need replacement regardless. Also , you didn't say where you disconnected the fuel line, but don't discount infiltration via the fuel pump.

407577 is the model but why would the engine flood when I reconnect the fuel line. With the fuel line disconnected and the bowl full of gas, it will start and run until the bowl is empty or I reconnect the fuel line.

/ Briggs and Stratton Fuel Solenoid #6  
Float valve not closing. when you reconnect the fuel line the fuel flow into the carb overrides the float and overfills the carb to the point of flooding. Will need to remove and clean and for good measure install a carb repair kit.

the fuel solenoid on the carb has one purpose, and that is to help prevent the BANG after turning off the key.

Thanks for all the reply's, after looking at it closer I found an o-ring in the wrong spot. Once put it in the right spot and put back together it fired right up.