Z Force question

/ Z Force question #1  

Spiffers

Tractor
John Deere D100
I'm looking into getting my 1st Zero Turn mower. Can you go slow on a zero turn or is it pretty much top speed all the time?

/ Z Force question #2  
They're a hydrostatic drive system. They will go as fast or slow as you want. The more you move the levers, the faster it will go.

/ Z Force question #3  
Spiffers,

You can go as slow or fast as you want. You can crawl or get to 8 mph in a heart beat. The best part of a Z Force is that it is built heavier than than RZT line. For instance, the RZT line do not have hydraulic drives that can be rebuilt (there are no parts available, they are throw away and buy new ones), whereas the Z Force drives are totally rebuildable. That holds for the entire unit.

The key to learning a Zero turn mower is to practice on a flat lawn of some size, and just cut a square in straight lines. An hour doing just that will teach you the bulk of what is to be learned. Learn to use a three point turn (check YouTube videos on this topic and on zero turn tips) after that and you'll find that you'll soon feel comfortable driving one, and that you'll tear up far less grass on the turns. Be careful on hills (that is a learning curve to be mastered, particularly for safety). You will find that you can cut your lawn in far less time with a zero turn, and that you'll have to do far less trimming around trees and gardens, because the unit allows you to get very close to obstacles and do a far better job than with a standard garden tractor.

I guarantee that you'll find a zero turn mower far superior to anything else, short of a flock of sheep.

Gene

/ Z Force question
We got a little John Deere for the big hills. I used a neighbors Raptor and it seemed to be go go go go so I was a little worried about the learning curve at that speed. Thanks for the answers I really appreciate it.