Ltx 1050 wont start

/ Ltx 1050 wont start #1  

shearboy

Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC1720
Ok first off I have dug thru as many topics even remotely related to my problem and still no solution. So here goes, 2014 LTX 1050 with Kohler 7000 series engine. Started fine ran hood three days ago. Been in the garage on trickle charger and today nothing. No lights, no clicking, even the hour meter not working. Have checked the battery it starts my quad fine. Could it be in the ignition switch??

/ Ltx 1050 wont start #2  
Could be a fuse, if you have a D.C. voltmeter take some readings from the battery to the switch. If you have the original manual there should be a wiring diagram in it that might help.

/ Ltx 1050 wont start
Checked 20 amp fuse under the seat it's good. The lights come on now and the solenoid clicks but then nothing.

/ Ltx 1050 wont start #4  
If the solenoid is clicking, it could very well be a solenoid issue. If you can jump the 2 large terminals of the solenoid (it will spark!) and the starter turns over the engine- that would tell you the solenoid isn't firing. If the engine still doesn't crank, have the battery load tested and report back.

/ Ltx 1050 wont start
Sorry about the delay in update had other issues to deal with. Had the battery tested and it was bad even though it would start the quad. After buying and installing a new one the starter turns or more accurately "whirls" but does not engage. I'm leaning toward a new starter. Haven't had time to check pricing but guessing it's high. Anyone know where to get one at a reasonable price or have any suggestions. I know on an old MTD neighbor had a plastic gear on the starter break. 10 bucks good as new. That would be ideal.

/ Ltx 1050 wont start #6  
Finding problem and fix back up running always good ending. :thumbsup:

/ Ltx 1050 wont start #7  
This may sound stupid , but make sure you didn't connect the battery backwards. It will cause the starter to turn backwards on some engines. And therefore the gear won't engage the flywheel

/ Ltx 1050 wont start #8  
I replaced the starter on mine - wasn't TOO bad, I think about $80. Just the "bendix" on mine was bad, but there were NO parts available, only the complete starter assembly.

/ Ltx 1050 wont start #9  
...also bang/tap the starter with a hammer.

/ Ltx 1050 wont start #10  
This may sound stupid , but make sure you didn't connect the battery backwards. It will cause the starter to turn backwards on some engines. And therefore the gear won't engage the flywheel

That happened to a buddy of mine. He bought the wrong battery and got misfired when he installed it. No start. Then we talked on phone and I told him to verify the connections and sure 'nuff, it was backwards.