Cub cadet LX50 XT2

/ Cub cadet LX50 XT2 #1  

fieldnforest

Tractor
LX490
Last year it was time to replace my old JD LX 188. I looked around, and I decided this XT2 was the best replacement. I looked at Simplicity, John Deere and to me I felt like the price I was paying and what I was getting for those machines just wasn't there. To much arrogance for me anyway.
I had a power flow for the bagger system on the 188 so I was a little skeptical about being able to bag green with the cub, but the owner's son offered to demonstrate his mower and bagger where he lived. He owned the same model I was looking at with bagger. It was easy to hook up and the way it bagged green was great! It was the three bag model. I thought it performed pretty darn close to the power flow! Amazing how they designed these decks. He showed me the limitations to. He said, "Look you're going to plug it at some point." "I'll show you how you unplug it." He purposely overloaded the bagger, took the shoot off, unplugged it, put it back, and off mowing again. Simple design. He told me to keep the bagger tube clean. It will reduce plugging.
Nice easy well thought out machine. It starts great there´s no choke. I guess its automatic? (Correct me if I'm wrong.). Steers wonderfully. The deck clean out worked well. I also bought a jack for 199, because I could service the deck easier and use it for my other toys. I only plugged the bagger a handful of times and it was way easier to clean out than when the old power flow plugged. Handled my hills well too.
So anyway, I used it all summer last year and I couldn't have been happier!
If anyone is thinking about a new cub cadet I highly recommend.

Last edited:
   / Cub cadet LX50 XT2 #2  
fieldnforest,

I adapted a JD Power Flow fan assembly to my 48 Z Force, and made my garden tractor dump trailer into the collection box. I use it exclusively for fall leaf collection, and I only have the unit plug up when trying to vacuum leaves when they're damp or wet. The system works like a charm otherwise. Sure saves hours of manual raking on my large, well treed property.