Lawn tractor ball hitch

/ Lawn tractor ball hitch #1  

Groo

Platinum Member
adding a trailer ball?

Is there a prefered way to add a trailer ball to these lawn tractors? I'd like to use the transport trailer as a yard trailer from time to time, but dont want to start welding or drilling a kill the waranty.

/ Lawn tractor ball hitch #2  
Depends on the design and strength of the rear panel. I don't actually have a ball on my Craftsman but I had to weld on a piece of channel to reinforce the rear panel to accept any weight.

I suppose you could bolt something to the existing hitch hole provided then remove it if you have to take it to a dealer for service. You will just have to be creative.

Or try one of these Universal Lawn Garden Tractor Hitch.

/ Lawn tractor ball hitch #3  
How big of lawn tractor?

/ Lawn tractor ball hitch #4  
I made this up to be able to take off easily without wenches. Giant wing nut if you will...

IMG_20180620_114135.jpg

Last edited:
   / Lawn tractor ball hitch
small lawn tractor with a 46" deck. I'm not looking to do heavy hauling, just trying to reuse an existing trailer for lawn work.

/ Lawn tractor ball hitch #6  
   / Lawn tractor ball hitch #8  
I always added a ball or receiver to the ones I owned over the years.

This receiver is just clamped on after drilling 4 holes in that plate:

P7180004.JPG

This is what I have now, angle iron bolted to the weights:

P3240008.JPG
P5050021.JPG

This is before I put the loader on the 322D:

P9150981.JPG
P9150985.JPG

Last edited:
   / Lawn tractor ball hitch #9  
not sure of they still do but my 2011 badboy mower came with 2 inch receiver hitches in the front and back of the mower

/ Lawn tractor ball hitch
I think I have a idea to make take an old ball hitch with riser and clamp it onto the trailer to have it convert to pin style hitch of the mower.