Cub Cadet GT2550

/ Cub Cadet GT2550 #21  
page 6

Attachments

• 597979-mso23E pg6.pdf
    96 KB · Views: 720
   / Cub Cadet GT2550 #22  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ...it was a zip file thats why, if your dont have winzip it wont open...)</font>

Problem solved... downloaded winzip and now I'm in business.

Thanks Ducati

/ Cub Cadet GT2550 #23  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have a 5234D...what would you like to know? )</font>

I could probably ask a ton of questions... so I'll try to keep it simple!

How happy are you with your 5234D? How many hours do ya' have on it? Any problems as of yet? Do you have any experience with other tractors that you could compare the Cub to? What attachments do you have and how do well do they function?

Ok... thats enough for now! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Cub Cadet GT2550 #24  
I have 50 hours on my 5234D. The only problem to date was the throttle lever would not stay where you wanted it to. It would slowly creep back. The problem was a bad friction washer on the throttle assembly which my dealer quickly fixed under warranty.

I have a 60" MMM that cuts very well, a 6' KK rear blade (I painted it Cub Cadet yellow...it looks cool) that I use only for snow removal on a 500' asphalt driveway with great success. I have a Woods RB60 (5') rear blade to scrape up sod, move rocks, dirt, the tractor handles that very well. I also use a KK 24" dirt scoop as loader and a KK carry all. There is also 8, 42lb suitcase weights up front. I have had no traction problems this winter moving snow, even uphill. The weights are needed up front when using the dirt scoop. And last but not least, a 9" post hole digger that I have not used yet but will use extensively this spring.

I was fortunate to have found a very good Cub dealer. His main line of equipment is Cub Cadet and carries all the tractors up to the 8000 series. I think a good dealer is quite important.

I posted a few photos in the photos section under other
brands/cub cadet.

Yes, I am very happy with the 5234D, no regrets /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll really like the 5234D if you go and give it try.

/ Cub Cadet GT2550 #25  
Thanks for the info Viking. Did you even consider the 5252 or the 5254? How about the operator platform? Is it comfortable to you?

/ Cub Cadet GT2550 #26  
The 5252 and 5254 are great tractors, I wanted a diesel engine and 4wd so I went with the 5234D with bar tires. My property has slopes so I wanted the added traction of 4wd. I know a guy in Virginia who has the 5252 with a FEL and used it to dig the hole for his swimming pool, the 5252 is quite capable.

I am 6'5", 230 and very comfortable. Easy on and easy off.