1450 Hydro problem

/ 1450 Hydro problem #1  

squint

I just bought a used 1450. Previous owner had not run it in around 5 years. I have the engine running. I took it for a spin around the yard the other night and it drove fine. The next day, it would only go slowly in reverse. Now, there is no forward or reverse motion. Previous owner welded the check valves. Should I suspect them first, or look elsewhere? Fluid level is fine and I plan on replacing it and the filter soon, as it was sitting for so long I just don't trust it.

Thank you,
Andy

/ 1450 Hydro problem #2  
I would change the fluid and filter first. I would try to warm up the transmition one way or another first though to make sure and get the thick stuff out.

/ 1450 Hydro problem #3  
Welding the relief valves is not good - I would get two new ones (this is a manual relief valve I think) they are on ebay and you can find them for $30-60 range and more new.

As redneck said change the oil and filter with Hytran fluld and Cub OEM filter - will cost about $50 for the fluid and filter.. Then if things are still not working replace the valves. They can be swapped out w/o changing fluid.

/ 1450 Hydro problem #4  
If anyone is interested I have a complete Hydro/rear end from a working 1450 on the floor of my garage.and a few other parts. Near Rochester New York make me an offer