Cub Cadet GT2544 Purchasing Questions

/ Cub Cadet GT2544 Purchasing Questions #1  

bobmayo

Tractor
Farmtrac 300 DTC
Good Evening All

Well It's been a long time since I've posted on the forum (2 years, bad I know!). I'll be downsizing to a smaller property with more lawn in the near future. Getting rid of the Long's Farmtrac 300 DTC and looking to purchase a garden tractor. I was originally going to go for a Craftsman DLT 5000 but have recently looked at the shaft drive Cub Cadets. I'm leaning towards the GT 2544.

My question involves the pricing of these tractors. I'm from the Northeast and so far all the dealers I've spoken with quote the same price for this tractor ($2999.99). Does anyone know if these tractors are available at lower prices in other areas of the country or differ from dealer to dealer? From what I've seen this tractor gets pretty good reviews in this forum and others.

Thanks in advance for any input you could provide.

bob

/ Cub Cadet GT2544 Purchasing Questions #2  
Bob, I don't know of any Cub dealer/seller that will sell lower than MSRP on a current mode yearl LT/GT. You can however get a lower price on a last year's model. They will typically give you a small break on accessories if you packedge them together. I paid $2999+ 8.25% sales tax ( /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif) for my 2005 2544.
G/luck
Joel

/ Cub Cadet GT2544 Purchasing Questions #3  
I'm sure if you were serious about purchasing that day then $2950 (maybe $2900 if the dealer is in a good mood) should have the mower at your place in no time!

/ Cub Cadet GT2544 Purchasing Questions
thank you sir. i'm leaning heavily that way, but, going to look for used and do a litlle more checking