CC 3204 Front PTO Belts

/ CC 3204 Front PTO Belts #1  

bscritch

I am having an issue with one of 2 PTO belts that coming off the bottom pulley. I believe it is happening when engaging the PTO. Seems almost impossible that the belt can come off due to the fact that when putting the belt back on, the 2 shoulder bolts at the bottom need to be loosened to get the belt back on....any ideas why the belt (front belt) is coming off...the belts have about 25 hours on them.

Thanks!

/ CC 3204 Front PTO Belts #2  
Are the pulleys free spinning? are they the correct belts?

/ CC 3204 Front PTO Belts #3  
I also for got to ask if the vacuum and racheting device are working correctly? That PTO belt should be incredibly snug once the vacuum canister is activated

/ CC 3204 Front PTO Belts
Belts are correct. Pulleys are free spinning as well...talked to the dealer this morning. He asked me to check to ensure the deck is installed properly. Pretty sure it is...I have had the deck off previously, and have had no issues with the belts. They also asked if the pulley was bent....I have no idea how to check that. I also have no idea how it could be bent due to the fact that the only thing I do with the tractor is mow...I will check the best I can. The dealer is willing to come out (at no charge) to check it out....I may have them do that and will let you know what they find. I am definitely scratching my head on this one.

The PTO when engaged snugs the belt very nicely.

Thanks for your response!

Brian

/ CC 3204 Front PTO Belts #5  
bscritch,

Also check to see if the snap ring is on the shaft and seated in the groove.

My 3204 chewed up a belt since there was no snap ring on the shaft which caused to much pulley play. Starting and stopping the pto belts if you back up alot due to that riduluous reverse switch doesn't help either.

Ron

/ CC 3204 Front PTO Belts
Good idea! I will check that as well. Thanks for the input!

/ CC 3204 Front PTO Belts #7  
The reverse switch is very, very easy to disable...a few recent threads cover it as well....

/ CC 3204 Front PTO Belts #8  
Try wiggling the pulley in and out to see how much play there is. While looking at the edge of the pulley, where the belts ride ..... slowly rotate the pulley. Does it look like it's rotating tru? Or you can find a spot that you can hold a pencil or screwdriver steady on. Place your pencil on that solid spot and slide it in towards the face (not the groove, the face) of the pulley so it's almost touching it, hold it there as steady as you can, then slowly rotate the pulley by hand. Does the pulley ever touch the pencil, screwdriver or whatever your using? Simple, ballpark type ways of checking the run-out of a pulley.

Mike

/ CC 3204 Front PTO Belts #9  
ducati996,

Yes it is....easy. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif