Limits of CC 1000 series?

/ Limits of CC 1000 series? #1  

Grasmere10

Tractor
JD2305
I have just purchased a CC1050, which is wonderful. I'm wondering what the consequences would be of using it immediately after a major brush-hogging of a field in order to keep some pathways clear. The field's hills are all less than 15 deg., but has some bumps in it. Am I endangering a) the lifespan of my machine b) of my cutting blades or something else I should know about? A 2042 was out of the question due to cash flow limitations (I pushed my wife to the max).

/ Limits of CC 1000 series? #2  
As long as you take it slooow over the bumpy areas, have the deck adjusted (set high) so it doesn't bang against the ground, dont pull heavy loads, and mow nothing but grass/weads /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif, your 1050 will work out fine for you.
G/luck
Joel

/ Limits of CC 1000 series? #3  
I have a new 1050 also, and love it. I’m only mowing a half acre right now, but way back when – when I lived in Maine, I used to mow between two and three acres with a Bolens 16hp with a 42” deck. That was back when Bolens made real mowers!

The land was old potato farm land, rocky as could be, and I had cleared it with a Massey 333 farm tractor and bush hog. I finish mowed that with the Bolens for around six years before I moved to Indiana. The only problem I had was I drove a blade tip through the top of the deck when I met a big rock sticking up in the grass that I had not hit for years. Replaced the blades, repaired the deck, and the Bolens was still running strong and cutting smooth after six years of tough work.

Your CC LT1050 should have no problem as it is a much better machine than the old Bolens. Just do as JTKub says – keep the deck up and take it easy. You should get years of pleasure on your CC.

/ Limits of CC 1000 series? #4  
I just bought a Craftsman GT5000 24hp/48" cut to maintain my land that was just cleared this summer. I used my old Kubota to brushhog it a few times before I used the Craftsman. There are still a lot of sticks, holes, and anything else you could imagine on the land. I used the new machine the first time last week, and to tell the truth, probably already used it harder than it is designed to work. But like JT said... you just gotta take it slow and be careful. I make sure to not run over something that the tractor isn't capable of. I opted for the Craftsman for the price, hp, 10 ga. deck, 23" tires, etc. Hopefully it'll hold up a few years until I build!

I think you'll be fine... just watch out and be careful! The way I thought about it when I bought mine was that if I'm careful... the worst thing that should happen to it is tear up some blades... and I don't mind replacing/sharpening them!