Cub LT1042 brand new but have problems HELP!!!!

/ Cub LT1042 brand new but have problems HELP!!!! #1  

tlg125

Hoping someone can assist. Bought a brand new Cub Cadet, live in country quite a way from dealer. Was so excited buying first brand new ride on, have had nothing but problems.
First one had terrible vibrations and then starter motor wouldn't engage. The dealer to their credit gave us a brand new machine (we had had it for just 1.5 hrs of use).
We have had this replacement brand new machine for just 3.5 hours of use and we now have the following problem, the mower is struggling to move when going uphill, it sounds like it is under load, the mower goes fine when on flat ground, as soon as you start to go uphill the mower loses its drive. The problem was not there at first, it had no problem with the inclines.
I have checked that the park brake is not stuck on.
What can be the problem? Cubs are not big over here in Australia but we were assured they were good strong machines, we are fast losing our confidence.
Thank you Jason

/ Cub LT1042 brand new but have problems HELP!!!! #2  
Hi, Jason.

Could you describe the hills that you mentioned? I have an SLT1554 which doesn't like steep hills and makes terrible noises when I try to climb them. The owners manual also shows a graphic of a 15 degree (I think) slope which they say is the max you should attempt. Believe it. There has also been a 'recall' for some Cubs as the drive-belt tensioner spring is too weak. This could also be adding to your problems. Hope this helps...

Todd

/ Cub LT1042 brand new but have problems HELP!!!! #3  
I could have sworn I posted this information yesterday but this morning it wasn't up on the site???? Anyway, here it goes again...

Please tell your dealer to reference Cub Cadet Service Advisories CC-497 & CC492. The CC492 is a LT1042 item only, whereas the CC-497 applies to all 1000 & 1500 series (concerning idler bracket vibration in the trans. while under load, i.e. pulling hills). Hope this helps. These two service advisory items should stop your vibration and pulling problems.