Cub 2042 Deck

/ Cub 2042 Deck #1  

WillyS

Tractor
2005 CC2042
Hi All! I have a 2005 CC 2042. All of a sudden my deck will shut off while mowing. I have checked all fuses and they are fine. It will run for awhile and then just disengage. I can wiggle the wires and sometimes that will make it restart. Other times it seems like if I let it cool down it will engage. Lately it will just start up (the deck) and then shut off. Could it be the pto switch or God Forbid, the electric clutch? There are times that as long as I don't disengage it, I can mow my entire lawn without any problems! I'm trying to get all my leaves mulched and it is a PAIN !!!
Thanks for any help!

/ Cub 2042 Deck #2  
Morning Willy.
I also have the same model and only once has your problem happen to me...now I turn the key way to the right (instead of middle for children etc..) and leave it there...not saying this would be the answer tho....I'll be very interested in your findings.

/ Cub 2042 Deck #3  
Willy, it could be few things. You could be tripping the seat safety switch when going over bumps, etc. That will make the deck shut off. Could be a chafed or broken wire on the PTO harness or a broken wire on the reverse pedal switch. Does this concern happen when you have the 'mow in reverse' option engaged? Good thing is- you should still have some warranty being a 2005.

Joel

/ Cub 2042 Deck #4  
Hey Joel
Since your in the business, Is a schematic for the wiring available for the GT2542 ?? I have a harness diagram but would be interested in the complete wiring. When I bought mine this year, I think they said that one was in the works, but not sure.
charlie

/ Cub 2042 Deck #5  
Charlie, Wish I could help you with a schematic. I dont own any for my CC. If the CC website doesn't help (prolly wont), try a dealer. They might zip off a copy for you.

G/luck
Joel

/ Cub 2042 Deck #6  
Charlie, let me know your fax number or mailing address and I can get a diagram to you N/C......

/ Cub 2042 Deck #7  
sent you a private message, see if it works, I'm still learning.
charlie