Mow Deck Spray - this stuff works!

/ Mow Deck Spray - this stuff works! #1  

slappie

You can get this stuff at TSC called MowDeck spray.

It supposedly helps the grass clippings not stick to the underside of the deck.

I have a ZForce 50 and use it to cut my lawn and about 3 acres of pasture area.

I had a heck of a time with build up when mowing the pasture.

Well, the problem is gone.

I cleaned the deck really good and sprayed this on there as the directions indicated.

I could not believe how much it helped. It really worked as advertised, which is saying a lot these days.

When I got done mowing the pasture I expected to see the deck plugged up like before, but there was almost no build up at all. I was shocked that something that sounds so 'gimmicky' actually worked well.

We'll see how it works over time, but my initial experience is really good and this stuff helps a ton.

Just wanted to let everyone know that may benefit.

/ Mow Deck Spray - this stuff works! #2  
I use that stuff too. Amazing how well it worked on my push mower. I had to recoat a few times a mowing season, but once I put that first coat on it made it a lot easier to clean.

Hope it works well on my Cub's deck too--just put it on last Sunday. I have the same problem with my 1-1/4 acre area that used to be used as a horse pasture. Never had a problem in the yard though?

/ Mow Deck Spray - this stuff works! #3  
Hmm, sounds like a good reason to make another trip to TSC. :) What department did they have it in? With the mower repair parts?

/ Mow Deck Spray - this stuff works! #4  
TSC ?

-Larry

DieselPower said:
Hmm, sounds like a good reason to make another trip to TSC. :) What department did they have it in? With the mower repair parts?

/ Mow Deck Spray - this stuff works!
Sorry, yes, Tractor Supply Co.

They have it at the store I go to in the mower blade, oil and maintenance parts area.

I don't have any trouble on the yard but the weeds in the pasture really clog it up.

I have let it go and had some 4-5 foot weeds in there that I mowed yesterday - but I used my Dad's John Deere with a rotary cutter.

Now that was fun!!!

I didn't want to put the poor ZForce through that but now that it is down I will maintain it with the Cub.

/ Mow Deck Spray - this stuff works! #7  
Heh. I should have figured that one out :)

I don't have one of those around here (at least I don't think so, in Northern Virginia) but I can always mail order.

By rotary mower do you mean 'flail' mower? I love those things.

When I was a teen, I used to keep our 21 acre fields mowed with one of those on the back of a Massey-Ferguson with a 40 hp Perkins Diesel. I LOVED that tractor. I preferred it over all of the Ford 3000's and 5000's we had on the farm.

-Larry

slappie said:
Sorry, yes, Tractor Supply Co.

They have it at the store I go to in the mower blade, oil and maintenance parts area.

I don't have any trouble on the yard but the weeds in the pasture really clog it up.

I have let it go and had some 4-5 foot weeds in there that I mowed yesterday - but I used my Dad's John Deere with a rotary cutter.

Now that was fun!!!

I didn't want to put the poor ZForce through that but now that it is down I will maintain it with the Cub.

/ Mow Deck Spray - this stuff works! #8  
I can't seem to find it on their web site. Can someone fiind it and get me a link?

-Larry

EDIT: Never mind. I found it on the manufacturers web site (MDI) and have two cans coming!

/ Mow Deck Spray - this stuff works! #9  
TractorLarry said:
I can't seem to find it on their web site. Can someone fiind it and get me a link?

-Larry

EDIT: Never mind. I found it on the manufacturers web site (MDI) and have two cans coming!

Provided this is the same stuff slappie bought, it looks like it's available direct.

MDI Products :: MO-DECK

Ha! Looks like you were quicker on your edit than I am. ;)

/ Mow Deck Spray - this stuff works! #10  
Yep, ordered two cans from them :)

-Larry

JSharp said:
Provided this is the same stuff slappie bought, it looks like it's available direct.

MDI Products :: MO-DECK

Ha! Looks like you were quicker on your edit than I am. ;)