Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Mow Deck Spray - this stuff works!

You can get this stuff at TSC called MowDeck spray.

It supposedly helps the grass clippings not stick to the underside of the deck.

I have a ZForce 50 and use it to cut my lawn and about 3 acres of pasture area.

I had a heck of a time with build up when mowing the pasture.

Well, the problem is gone.

I cleaned the deck really good and sprayed this on there as the directions indicated.

I could not believe how much it helped. It really worked as advertised, which is saying a lot these days.

When I got done mowing the pasture I expected to see the deck plugged up like before, but there was almost no build up at all. I was shocked that something that sounds so 'gimmicky' actually worked well.

We'll see how it works over time, but my initial experience is really good and this stuff helps a ton.

Just wanted to let everyone know that may benefit.

Tractor
    Cub Cadet 3240

Default Re: Mow Deck Spray - this stuff works!

I use that stuff too. Amazing how well it worked on my push mower. I had to recoat a few times a mowing season, but once I put that first coat on it made it a lot easier to clean.

Hope it works well on my Cub's deck too--just put it on last Sunday. I have the same problem with my 1-1/4 acre area that used to be used as a horse pasture. Never had a problem in the yard though?
    Sumo

Cub Cadet 3240 with 48" deck

Tractor
    JD 3020, JD 4230, JD 7410, JD 2440, MF 750, NH LS170

Hmm, sounds like a good reason to make another trip to TSC. What department did they have it in? With the mower repair parts?

TSC ?

-Larry

Quote Originally Posted by DieselPower
    Hmm, sounds like a good reason to make another trip to TSC. What department did they have it in? With the mower repair parts?

Elite Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 2320

Quote Originally Posted by TractorLarry
    TSC ?

-Larry

Tractor Supply Co..

Brian
    Bedford, VA
    2320 w/ 62D MMM, 200CX FEL, Pats EZ Change, LX4 Cutter
    Co-owner (with my father) of John Deere 790, 30 HP, 4x4, 513 cutter, 70 FEL
    2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x

Sorry, yes, Tractor Supply Co.

They have it at the store I go to in the mower blade, oil and maintenance parts area.

I don't have any trouble on the yard but the weeds in the pasture really clog it up.

I have let it go and had some 4-5 foot weeds in there that I mowed yesterday - but I used my Dad's John Deere with a rotary cutter.

Now that was fun!!!

I didn't want to put the poor ZForce through that but now that it is down I will maintain it with the Cub.

Heh. I should have figured that one out

I don't have one of those around here (at least I don't think so, in Northern Virginia) but I can always mail order.

By rotary mower do you mean 'flail' mower? I love those things.

When I was a teen, I used to keep our 21 acre fields mowed with one of those on the back of a Massey-Ferguson with a 40 hp Perkins Diesel. I LOVED that tractor. I preferred it over all of the Ford 3000's and 5000's we had on the farm.

-Larry

Quote Originally Posted by slappie
    Sorry, yes, Tractor Supply Co.

They have it at the store I go to in the mower blade, oil and maintenance parts area.

I don't have any trouble on the yard but the weeds in the pasture really clog it up.

I have let it go and had some 4-5 foot weeds in there that I mowed yesterday - but I used my Dad's John Deere with a rotary cutter.

Now that was fun!!!

I didn't want to put the poor ZForce through that but now that it is down I will maintain it with the Cub.

I can't seem to find it on their web site. Can someone fiind it and get me a link?

Thanks

-Larry

EDIT: Never mind. I found it on the manufacturers web site (MDI) and have two cans coming!

Gold Member
    Tractor
    IH 404, Cub GT 2554

Quote Originally Posted by TractorLarry
    I can't seem to find it on their web site. Can someone fiind it and get me a link?

Thanks

-Larry

EDIT: Never mind. I found it on the manufacturers web site (MDI) and have two cans coming!
    Provided this is the same stuff slappie bought, it looks like it's available direct.

MDI Products :: MO-DECK

Ha! Looks like you were quicker on your edit than I am.
    1962 IH 404, 2006 Cub 2554

Yep, ordered two cans from them

-Larry

Quote Originally Posted by JSharp
    Provided this is the same stuff slappie bought, it looks like it's available direct.

MDI Products :: MO-DECK

Ha! Looks like you were quicker on your edit than I am.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast