Throttle control problems

/ Throttle control problems #1  

Chiefly

Just wanted to check with everyone and see if you could offer some advice. I have a CC 2550 that I purchased new last year. It has about 44 hrs on it. Approximately 2 months ago, I went to start it and when I moved the throttle lever back and forth - it had no effect. The cable was not binding, but I couldn't figure out where the problem was. I had the issue resolved under warranty - a missing spring somewhere is what I was told. Yesterday I went to shut down the tractor and the same issue is happening again. I don't really buy the "Missing Spring" theory because I was tinkering around and discovered that if I put the throttle at full (rpms remain low) and pull out the choke and quickly put it back in - the rpms raise up to where they should be. If I lower the throttle again they stay low and will not climb without choking it again. I'm going to have it serviced under warranty again but I'm curious as to what may be the issue. Any ideas?

/ Throttle control problems #2  
Sounds like maybe a governer spring?

-Larry

Chiefly said:
Just wanted to check with everyone and see if you could offer some advice. I have a CC 2550 that I purchased new last year. It has about 44 hrs on it. Approximately 2 months ago, I went to start it and when I moved the throttle lever back and forth - it had no effect. The cable was not binding, but I couldn't figure out where the problem was. I had the issue resolved under warranty - a missing spring somewhere is what I was told. Yesterday I went to shut down the tractor and the same issue is happening again. I don't really buy the "Missing Spring" theory because I was tinkering around and discovered that if I put the throttle at full (rpms remain low) and pull out the choke and quickly put it back in - the rpms raise up to where they should be. If I lower the throttle again they stay low and will not climb without choking it again. I'm going to have it serviced under warranty again but I'm curious as to what may be the issue. Any ideas?

/ Throttle control problems #3  
Chiefly said:

My GT3235 does that some times as well. Seems the throttle linkage gets gummed up. I just hit it with a shot of Gumout and its fine after that.

/ Throttle control problems
Thanks for the ideas!

/ Throttle control problems #5  
That's a kolher, There are many springs for the governor linkage.you need to look at your engine owner manual, to see if everthing is there in place! if not make note of it ,under warranty! or sounds like the throttle is sticking closed or somthing binding it.have someone start the tractor or put some heavy weight in the seat with the brake on, start the tractor at low throttle take your finger or a long screw driver and lightly push on the Throttle lever right next to the idle speed screw on the side of the carb. if the engine rev up that a good sign. if not and hard to push, you have somthing binding out of linkage and might need a Governor static adjustment.

/ Throttle control problems #6  
There are few things that confuse me totally, but one of them is the 'mixing plate' on my 1864. I call it a mixing plate for lack of a better term.

This is where the throttle, choke, governer and all that other crap come together into that mechanical mixer mounted near the front of the tractor, in front of the engine.

I simply cannot get my head wrapped around how that whole thing works.

-Larry

GreenQuality said:
That's a kolher, There are many springs for the governor linkage.you need to look at your engine owner manual, to see if everthing is there in place! if not make note of it ,under warranty! or sounds like the throttle is sticking closed or somthing binding it.have someone start the tractor or put some heavy weight in the seat with the brake on, start the tractor at low throttle take your finger or a long screw driver and lightly push on the Throttle lever right next to the idle speed screw on the side of the carb. if the engine rev up that a good sign. if not and hard to push, you have somthing binding out of linkage and might need a Governor static adjustment.