feedback on CC 8000 series tractor

/ feedback on CC 8000 series tractor #1  

PA hayseed

Platinum Member
Tractor
nx5010 hst cab
I know cub is going with yanmar, but I was thinking about maybe getting the 8000 series leftover.

Any known issues with this tractor? I just don't think the 7000 will do enough, besides, I definetly want to run a 7 foot or bigger mower, and want a decent sized FEL and Backhoe..

/ feedback on CC 8000 series tractor #2  
I have a 2006 8354 with FEL. Only problem I had was that it was a bear to get in and out of FWD. Took it back to the dealer and he cleaned out the shaft that goes into the transfer case. Has plenty of power for me. Only complaint I have is that it looses traction before running out of power. That's because I have R4 tires and was working in a lot of mud. Other than that, I love this tractor.

/ feedback on CC 8000 series tractor
Thanks alot, although I have had numerous problems with the 6284 I have, I can't rule CC out on my next purchase. I have two dealers within 30 miles of my house, and I haven't met anyone that has had problems with their 7000 series. I haven't heard too much from 8000 series owners.

Not running out of power is a good thing I think.

/ feedback on CC 8000 series tractor #4  
Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong... but I believe the 5000 and 6000 are Cub built and have had the most trouble. I think the 7000 is Mitsubishi built and the 8000 is Daedong.... the 7 and 8 series people have been happy with.

/ feedback on CC 8000 series tractor
According to my dealer, he claims the 5000 was junk. But, he sold them anyway. Now my dealer tells me that the new yan/CC hybrids are real tractors. As there is another CC dealer near me, I do not believe that I will be dealing with him any longer. It is a shame though, as I got to know the service guy fairly well.

Of course this is just one guys opinion on one tractor, with the dealers (not the owner - just the sales guy and the service guy) input. I have had replies from other CC 5000/6000 series owners that have not encountered the same difficulties and like their tractors alot. But I do tend to see 5000 and 6000 series tractors on the back of the CC truck heading to the shop often enough. It could be routine maintenance, I don't know for sure.